“Very pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1433 Calle Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #21 of 31 hotels in San Luis Obispo
“Very pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This motel is cheap because this is only meant to be a place where you crash after a day of wine tasting. The rooms were clean and the service was great. the walls are thin so it was a noisy at night past the 10pm quiet time. my guests and I had a very pleasant stay here. I would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

After reading here, I had my doubts, but the place turned out to be great. Everyone I encountered was very helpful. Motel 6 doesn't offer a lot of things other chains do (like shampoo, coffee in room, etc.) but they did a great job nonetheless. Price was lower than anywhere else and the say was very enjoyable. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: I like upstairs because no one walks on your head!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

This is a place to stay if you are on a budget and only want the essentials. The rooms are small and utilitarian. Ours had an ancient tv and that was it. There is no refrigerator or any kind of coffee amenity. There was no guest shampoos or conditioners. There was a bed and a shower. Like being at a nice camp. But, the place was clean and we slept well. even with the highway directly across the access road. The pool looked a little suspect. College kid at the front desk was nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012
stockton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

It's a horrible place to stay. We are on the 2nd floor and next to the motel is a auto dealership. There are men staring at us thru our window. The staff are rude when we ask for more pillows, front desk person said that I am pushing it . I paid $120 for this stupid motel...Never again will I ever stay here AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Use this place as a last resort. I'd like to give it 1.5 stars, but alas. If no other place was available, I would stay here again but would try very hard not to. If you have to stay here, try to have as little interaction as possible with the front desk, and book online to avoid these peoples' dishones tactics.

Pros - Clean, nice bathroom.

Cons - Management terrible, lied about rates, rude to members of my family looking for ice and microwave. Rooms small. Beds cheap, but not terrible. No mircowave or frige in room. One of our rooms smelled like cig smoke even though we were in non-smoking. I think it was coming from below but could never figure it out. Road noise pretty high but not so bad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
FORT WAYNE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

You get what you pay for. Quick overnight in SLO for a conference with trying to keep costs low. Initially tried to charge me double the reservation quote. Manager argued with me about the reservation, giving me a break on their price, yet still $20 above the quote.
Noisy area with lots of coming & goings of less than desirable looking patrons. Bag stolen out of my car as I was packing to leave. Take the 8 minute drive to the 5 cities area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I have stayed in many motels and hotels over my 60 years.. and I am not spoiled and have stayed in motel 6 before, they are clean enough, have hot water and altho the towels are very small... its just fine for an overnight in and out stay. We checked in in the evening and I asked if there was room for the next night as well, as we didnt know if we were going to stay in SLO, the woman said, sure, just come in before 10:30 tomorrow am. which I did. A different person said, absolutely no way you can have that room, but you can have another room. OK says I , should we move stuff now? NO, there is someone inthe room.. well says I we are going out, what should I do.. he says come back before 6. We are back at 3:30 and they are wheeling our stuff out in a little cart... I go in and manager says he heard my conversation in the morning and the guy asked me to pay and I didnt. Truly this is a lie... and he got so revoltingly officious and pompous " I dont want to have a discussion with you".. really I am person who never had an overdue library book. If they would have asked me to pay I would have. they had my credit card Really I was insulted , but amused. and off we went to the Embassy Suites for $185 ..
also I went early for the coffee at 6:15 am and it was all gone.
DOnt stay here.

Room Tip: three are no good rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 San Luis Obispo North? Share your experiences!