“Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
San Diego, California
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was only here for 1 night with my 2 sons to go on a college tour of Cal Poly SLO. It is only ~10 minutes from the campus. It is a quaint Inn surrounded by bigger chain hotels. The room had 2 queen beds and was clean. I was surprised how comfortable the beds and pillows were. The highlight was the big spa with pretty waterfalls. Not something I would have expected at a small place. The manager and staff were nice. The only reason for 4 stars was the shower head sprayed water in a wide stream. We were very happy with our stay and you can't beat the price. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Rose Garden Inn lives up to its name and then some. The roses were fragrant, the room was very comfortable, and the service was excellent. There is an adorable diner that serves everything right on the property. There are wild horses right next door! Okay, probably not wild, but they're horses. And best of all, out by the pool, they have a giant heated hot tub, with jets and changing colored lights and waterfalls and a steaming volcano. It's an island paradise! I recommend this hotel.

Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Thanks to Daniel we made a last minute change by one day and he was very understanding and accomodated our change.The rooms are updated, clean and very accessible.Coffee makers in the room and Maggies Diner is right on the property.I would highly recommend a stay here and its very affordable as an added benefit.

Granada Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Rose Garden Inn numerous times throughout 2012 and 2013; our home away from home. The staff is very professional and helpful and the manager, Daniel, is genuinely interested in our comfort and goes out of his way to say hello. The rooms are roomy, clean and the beds are comfortable. It is nice to have a refrigerator and microwave at our disposal. The location could not be better, just south of Down Town SLO, shopping center just down the street and a really great church up the hill. We love Margie's Dinner next door, servings are very large; plenty of food for my husband and I to share a meal. I highly recommend the Rose Garden Inn. You won't be disappointed!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Daniel and Mary made me feel like I was at home the rooms were clean the beds were comfortable. I felt safe the only real complaint I had was the shower head water came out wide but that was it. The maids were all very nice all of the staff was great it. I I spent about 10 days there and they were like one big family. The Rose Garden is definatly were I will be staying when I go bacl to San Luis Obispo Ca. I was almost sad to leave

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Having read several negative reviews, I wasn't sure what to think. But Rose Garden was a very clean little gem, and best of all, decent mattress. Everything in my room was simple and pleasant, and the manager seemed genuinely interested in whether I enjoyed my stay. Margie's Diner next door is a bit overpriced for a diner; but portions are large enough for two.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Avila Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at the Rose Garden Inn first in May of 2013, when I was vacationing and checking out the area for a possible move to SLO. What a great family-style hotel this is. The rooms were clean, well decorated and the staff was so accommodating and helpful. I later returned in August when I made a move to San Luis Obispo. I was able to stay more than a week with my pet, until I found a place to live. Once again the staff was so amazing in assisting me during this time, Daniel, the General Manager is the best, as was Mary, one the front desk people, who was helpful is guiding me to good places to look for a home and place to live.

I would highly recommend the Rose Garden Inn for one night or 10 nights, it is like a home away from home and you feel like you are part of a family there.

Sandra Napua

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for the front rooms as they have been recently decorated and are very nicely done...