We stayed here for one night on our recent road trip. Out of 11 different hotel/ motels this was the only one we regretted.
They have clearly spent a lot of money in the pool and hot tub which was amazing we spent ages in the hot tub it was bliss but the rest of the hotel just felt grubby and dated. We were meant to be in a newly refurbished room, if we were, then I'd hate to see what the other rooms where like. The bed spreads smelt dank we took them off and put them in the wardrobe the armchair felt filthy and stepping out onto the patio door balcony felt unsafe ! The information about the place invites you to borrow a DVD from their collection to watch in the room so we thought we would get a pizza delivered and watch a film, the numbers for pizza places that deliver on the info card in our room were wrong numbers and when we asked the guy at the front desk he said it was too late (9pm) for the local places and we should look up something on the Internet ! Thanks ! Very helpful ! When we asked him about the DVDs, opening a small cupboard behind the desk that we couldn't see into, he asked which one we wanted .....? How were we supposed to know what they had ??After asking him if we could take a look he made a big effort to bring them all over in stacks so we could go through them ...... Needless to say they were all crap but we had lost interest by then.
$5 off at margies dinner for breakfast really wasn't enough entice us to eat there, we walked in and walked straight back out and got breakfast on our way through town instead. It was a shame because the grounds are nice and the pool and hot tub is great but the rest of it makes me unable to recomend a stay.
We wished we had stayed in Morro Bay as we had originally planned.
- Also Known As:
- Rose Garden Inn - San Luis Obispo Hotel
- Rose Garden Inn - San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Rose Garden Hotel
- Rose Garden Inn San Luis Obispo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When driving up the Coast of California, you will find easy access off HWY 101 to the Rose Garden Inn. This quaint Inn is located in California's "Friendliest Town" of San Luis Obispo. Enjoy our clean, budget property with a newly renovated rooms and a very fun and friendly staff. Our heated pool, free coffee, free Internet and our location midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco the Rose Garden Inn is the perfect stay for you and your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your Rose Garden Inn - San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.