“No dog? What happened?” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Cruz, California
“No dog? What happened?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I should remove one star because after having very good experiences at the Embassy Suites which allowed me to bring my well-behaved dog, I now find out that I made reservations that I may have to cancel because I noticed that they no longer allow dogs. I will call and check, but if not dogs are allowed, I will not only have to change my hotel plans, but also have to find another hotel in the area that is pet friendly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear localyokel219:

Thank you for your previous stays at Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo and for your kind words regarding your stays. Unfortunately you are correct, we no longer allow pets at our hotel since January of this year. Service animals, of course, are still allowed. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this will cause you with future reservations. I wish you all the best.

516 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Arcata, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good location -- quiet, easy access from Highway 101 and to road to Los Osos. Lots of mall options close by. Seems over-priced a little, given average quality of "free" breakfast and low quality "free" wine and snack options in afternoon. Good hosting spot for the California Photo Festival run by LIGHT Photo Workshops.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear marksyd2730;

Thank you for your recent stay and I hope that you enjoyed your conference. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel's location as many guests do. We do our very best to provide quality comp services at breakfast and our evening reception; your comments are heard and well received. I wish you all the best.
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The entire week stay at the SLO Embassy Suite was outstanding, clearly a 10 out of 10. The staff was very helpful, the happy hours was so perfect after a day in the field. The breakfasts were perfect from crispy bacon, made to order omelettes and warm oatmeal. The rooms are so spacious that you get that at-home feeling

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear poppiede;

I was so very glad to read that you had such an overall great stay. Like many of our guests I was happy to see that you enjoyed our comp breakfast, our evening reception and that you enjoyed your guest room suite accommodations. And we receive many positive comments regarding our staff. Thank you for your outstanding feedback as well and I will certainly pass it on to our team. I wish you all the best.
Lake Worth, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel was very hard to find. Though the address is 333 Madonna Road, and the GPS takes you to 333 and says "arriving at destination on right" the building is actually located 2 blocks off of Madonna Rd. on a side street.
However, once we found the hotel it was a typical Embassy Suites. The suite was spacious and the bed was comfortable. We were a little disappointed with the managers evening reception, while the drinks were quite good, they only served chips, salsa and fresh cut carrots and celery. No hot food. At other Embassy Suites that we have stayed at, hot food was served. I guess they are trying to cut back expenses wherever they can. But the breakfast was hot and delicious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear baldharv;

Thank you for your stay and for your feedback. I was happy to read that your found your guest room suite spacious and comfortable. Thank you as well for your comments regarding our evening reception. Your feedback is well received and we do our best to follow brand guidelines which does not include hot food items. Again, thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again. All the best.
San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

1. Parking lot underlit - multiple unlit spots, especially on the side of the property. It seemed there were lights out in the parking lot.

2. Check-in staff were polite and professional.

3. Did not receive a good night's rest. I like a firm mattress, but these did not cut it. I was tired after each night's "sleep"

4. Internet streamed Netflix fine.

5. Breakfast was not a quality experience. The reason you are provided hot syrup is because the pancakes are cold. Plus, these were the first pancakes I had that required a knife to cut them. Watermelon and other fruits were fine. There was a large cut out of wall paper in the corner of the knee wall of the breakfast area. It was very visible and looked that it had been there for a long time.

6. Room was clean.

7. Poor TV reception, like I was watching TV through a screen door.

8. Decided to leave a day early because I needed to go somewhere I could sleep at night. Was charged $75 for leaving early. I was told this was necessary because other guests were paying $200 per night. This made no sense to me and the clerk repeated it when I questioned the reasoning.

I'm going back to San Luis Obispo later this month, but I'm not sure if I would stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear bigbasin;

My sincere thanks for your review of our hotel. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we will definitely follow up on the areas that you mentioned need improvement. I was happy to read that you found our staff at check-in to be polite and professional, that the internet service worked well and that you found your room to be clean.

We truly hope to see you on your next visit to San Luis Obispo.

All the best!
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

If you ever need to stay at a very comfortable and clean hotel, I recommend The Embassy Suites. I have stayed at them across the country and always been pleased. Always clean, service excellent, staff friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member;

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I was very pleased to read that you found our staff friendly, our service excellent and that you found our hotel clean. We look forward to your next visit.

All the best!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our first stay at an Embassy Suites brand and we felt like we had hit the jackpot. If all other Embassy Suites are similar, we would choose to only stay at this brand for future vacations.
The staff service was 5star+. Location of this hotel in San Luis Obispo was great - easy access to main freeway and major shopping at your back door. Noticed this hotel was very popular for meetings and conferences also. They truly cater for everyone. There are free drinks for all guests in the early evening and breakfast is also served free for guests. The rooms were large and comfortable, all you could need (and an especially comfy bed). Amenities were of a high standard. This particular hotel had an atrium style in the middle which was very nice.
We were genuinely impressed. Management of this hotel should be very proud of their staff and what they have to offer guests. Can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Joy P;

Wow, sounds like you had an amazing time while visiting Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo. We work very hard to ensure that our guests find a true "home away from home." We often receive positive comments regarding our comp evening reception, our comp breakfast, our spacious and clean rooms and our great location in close proximity to the freeway, shopping and Cal Poly. And yes, I am very proud of the consistent service that our team delivers.

We look forward to your next visit to SLO. All the best!

Been to Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo? Share your experiences!