I checked into the hotel today. We arrived 45 minutes before check in and were told our room was not ready, but that it would be soon. We were directed by Ryan to come back in an hour. I asked that he call us when it was ready as we had traveled a great distance and were in need of being out of the car. We left and explored the adjoining shopping center for an hour. We returned and spoke with Ryan who told is our room was still not ready, now 15 minutes past check in time. Ryan stated he placed a rush with housekeeping to get our room ready. I asked why that hadn't been done an hour earlier. Ryan replied it had. He then told us we would need to wait. I observed that other families with children were also waiting in the lobby. I suggested that Ryan comp us some drinks and appetizers for our inconvenience. He complied with my demand but only provided half as many drink coupons as I had in my party (2 instead of 4).
I went to the bar to get my comped items, but no bartenders or kitchen staff were to be found. I approach the front desk again to be told they would call someone for me. So I went back and stood at the empty bar for five minutes before a bartender appeared. He was warm and helpful providing the four drinks at no charge (even though we only had two coupons). He said he noticed me standing there while he was walking the forth floor, not because he got a call). Another hour later...we ate our appetizer and my kids ran through all of my change in the game room, sick of waiting we approached the front desk and requested to speak with the manager. Magically our room was ready. No one had come to get us from their own lobby. I wonder how long I would have sat there? Once we got to our room we treated to stained carpets and threadbare furniture. We requested an extra blanket and had to wait an hour and a half until 10:17 PM before it was delivered. I was told by the front desk twice that my request was given to housekeeping and that they had a lot of requests to deal with. Finally housekeeping arrived and dropped off three towels instead of a blanket. I once again got the front desk to be told housekeeping is really busy they would put in my request.
I am still checked into this hotel and wishing I could leave.
It is so obvious that this site has management problems. Employees do not communicate with each other and are not focused on the guest experience. I will never stay at this property again and if I can get out of my reservation for tomorrow, I will be leaving in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near SLO Wine country and gorgeous beaches, this hotel is perfect for your San Luis Obispo vacation! All guests receive free breakfast, complimentary cocktails and snacks at the nightly evening reception and spacious, two-room suites. The hotel offers a shuttle to the famous SLO Farmer's market for $4 round-trip every Thursday night. The onsite restaurant, Greenhouse Grill and Cafe, offers delicious Californian cuisine from Executive Chef Kirk Sowell. Enjoy an indoor pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center and high speed Internet access. Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo is 100% non-smoking and a $300 fee will be added when smoking in a non-smoking room or suite. This hotel also has a late check-out policy of a half day rate up until 4PM. After 4PM, the late check-out policy becomes a full day rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Embassy Suites