We have stayed at this hotel several times and are happy to return. The room is clean and comfortable and quiet (so don't be put off by my description that it is a great family hotel... it was very quiet). The manager's reception and breakfast have good food and nice seating. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool.
The location is near lots of shopping and restaurants with a McDonald's, Panera, and Denny's close by. The on-site restaurant was very expensive. We almost ordered room service at 10:05 pm but discovered it ended at 10 pm. It is easy to forget to eat dinner after indulging at the manager's reception.
We used to see a lot of people with dogs at this hotel, but they had a rather stern sign up in the hotel room saying "We are no longer a dog friendly hotel. $300 fine for having dog in the room." I was kind of surprised at the tone of that sign, but as I don't have a dog it doesn't affect me. However I wonder if a lot of recurring guests show up with their dogs and have an unpleasant surprise.
On our last day my daughter woke up feeling sick (later we found she was coming down with the flu...) and she was not feeling well. We were all in a bit of a grumpy mood with a grumpy child.Then the breakfast manager, Alfred, appeared and offered a cough drop for my daughter and he talked to us and made us all smile. He really improved our day. And now whenever we are grumpy, we keep saying to ourselves "We need to be more like Alfred."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near SLO Wine country and gorgeous beaches, this hotel is perfect for your San Luis Obispo vacation! All guests receive complimentary breakfast and cocktails & snacks at the nightly evening reception and spacious, two-room suites. The hotel offers a shuttle to the famous SLO Farmer's market for $4 round-trip every Thursday night. The on-site restaurant, Greenhouse Grill and Cafe, offers delicious Californian cuisine. Enjoy an indoor pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center and high speed Internet access (charge included). Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo is 100% non-smoking and a $300 fee will be added when smoking in a non-smoking room or suite. This hotel also has a late check-out policy of a half day rate up until 4PM. After 4PM, the late check-out policy becomes a full day rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Embassy Suites