“Very Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Visalia
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I wasn't sure if I would like this because it is inland and I like staying at the coast, but it was very nice. Very close to beaches (about 15 minutes) lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance.

Out room was very comfortable, and the service was excellent. The breakfast that comes with the room was fantastic with a cook to order omelet bar.

• Stayed December 2012
SLOCAES, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Shippy62,

Thank you for being our guest and taking your valuable time to congratulate the team here at the Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo. Your, as all reviews are shared with the entire team to ensure that we are delivering our responsibility.

It was and will continue to be our pleasure to serve you and look forward to the next opportunity.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our trip up the coast. The hotel was packed due to some high school sports tournament were requested and got a room with two queen beds. The room seemed days away from the elevator but that proved to be a blessing when we saw what the kids were up to in the front of the hotel. Check I was quick and we got to our room. As this was half way through the trip we needed to do some laundry. The laundry facilities worked fine. The rooms were comfortable and the queen beds were larger than the double beds we have had in other hotels so that was nice. The rooms could use a facelift, especially the bathrooms. The fridge was also so loud we had to shut it off. The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast which was the best we have had in the last 7 days is staying at Embassy Suites. The staff were helpful and the Internet was only $2.95, a bargain over the other Embassy Suites, although I don't believe any hotel should be charging for Internet in 2012!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear EP05313,

Firstly thank you for being our and the Embassy Suites guest during your stay in California, we are delighted that your stay and experience was excellent and with your commentary we can certainly improve, with items such as ensuring the refrigerator's are working efficiently and quite. I am very proud indeed of the entire team here and especially the breakfast team that deliver a legendary breakfast and make it just a little better. Safe travels home and we look forward to the next opportunity to see you again.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I think I really want to give a 3 1/2, but went with a 4 on the strength of the staff service. I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for a business trip. The hotel was not crowded and they upgraded my room, which was nice. I haven't stayed in SLO before, so don't know what the other options are. This hotel was dated, older carpet in the rooms, and basic furniture. The rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave, as well as a hot water maker. The staff was really friendly and helpful, including making restaurant recommendations. Breakfast service was good too. Location is right at the back of a major shopping center, and right off the 101 freeway. Ask for a room not facing the freeway to avoid freeway noise. The hotel was quiet and the bed comfortable. All in all it worked out well for our purposes.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the 101 freeway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SLOCAES, General Manager at Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear cds_SanFrancisco,

Thank you Thank you very much appreciate you as our guest and your comments, I thank you for complementing the exceptional team of people here, we are indeed very fortunate indeed, but it also takes fantastic and appreciative guests too. We are maturing but as mentioned earlier we are expecting a renovation this coming next year, but until then we will take great pride in our surroundings and take care of the team and our guest's.

We certainly look forward to the next opportunity to accommodate you should your travels bring you back to San Luis Obispo.

San Diego CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have said before that this hotel is hard to find, but worth the trouble. The front desk people and all of the staff are terrific and very pleasant. They just replaced all of the fitness equipment with the latest and greatest Precor elypticals, treadmills and rower. It is a great workout room right above the pool. While the hotel and staff are fantastic, we noticed this time that the hotel is getting really "tired" looking. The carpeting is worn out, the room case goods are worn and the common areas smelled like smoke, all a bit disappointing. Since we are frequent visitors, it will not stop us from staying there, but I'd they do not upgrade soon, they will start losing business to the newer hotels, including a new Hampton Inn and the newer Marriott.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nadojeff,

Thank you for being our guest Sir and delighted that you were able to experience the brand new fitness centre equipment and perhaps more importantly your experience with the team here in San Luis Obispo, I am very lucky to be a part of this team.

We continue to better our facility and ensure it's cleanliness and aesthetics, we are expecting to complete a renovation this coming next year, but prior to that we will continue to ensure that our facility is clean and that the team compensate for a little maturity of the furnishings.

Thank you again and look forward to the opportunity to see and hopefully meet you in person on your next visit to San Luis Obispo.

Lancaster, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. I was very impressed with the staff's willingness to please, and the breakfast was great too. It was my first time taking advantage of Embassy Suites free breakfast, and it's not just pastries and fruit! They have free "cook-to-order" breakfast for omlettes, fresh pancakes, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, and eggs, as well as the usual bagels, pastries, cereal and fruit. I was stuffed!

Also, shortly after I checked into my hotel room, I noticed I had a small maintenance issue. I called back to the front desk, who immediately found me another room and gave me a dinner voucher for the restaurant. After changing rooms, I realized I had left my bottle of water in the old room. Feeling sheepish, I approached the front desk about my bottle of water. She gladly found me two cool bottles of water to replace the one I forgot. Needless to say, the service was great, and all done with a smile!

The hotel itself and rooms were nice. I liked how it opened into a huge atrium (where restaurant and bar were), and that was decorated for Christmas. The rooms have a mini-fridge, sink, and microwave. I was here for business, but will probably consider staying here for vacation with my husband as well.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the atrium tend to get some noise from the restaurant opening and closing. Was not...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Purpltaz27,

A pleasure to have you as our guest, I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience our complimentary cooked to order breakfast that we as a brand are quite legendary for. We do take tremendous pride in our hotel and our hope is indeed to deliver excellence and I am thrilled that your experience and interaction with the team here was brilliant.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you had upon your arrival and glad that my colleagues corrected as soon as you made mention.

We certainly look forward to the next opportunity to see you and hopefully your husband next visit to San Luis Obispo.

Cheers
Porterville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My family & I have stayed here 3 times between mid Oct-end of Nov 2012. Total of 7 nights. Very clean & exceptionally courteous & eager-to-please staff (most of younger staff apparently are local college students). All rooms have microwaves, refrigerators. Free hotfood, fruit, cereals, breads/muffins breakfast buffet & made to order omelets plus. Mgr Reception 2-hr eve FREE beverages (including well & mixed alcoholic) & appitizers. Indoor hot tub & pool. Only down-side is some room locations could be on noisy side. If this is issue for you, ask for room away from freeway-side.

Finding Hotel the first time is definately a challenge, best suggestion I can give you is as you drive up Madonna Rd toward Mtn, the shopping Center is on your left. Pass McDonalds & Starbucks & (if in standard vehicle) turn LEFT AT APPLEBEE's Restaurant (this access road will dead end you into SEARs on your left & back side of EMBASSY Suites on your right). If you are in Motorhome or other oversized vehicle, I'd suggest you pass Applebee's & take the next LEFT turn at the US Post Office (it's another access road, a little bumpy, but is less traveled and takes you directly to front entance of Hotel & shopping center's far end parking lot). Once you get settled, then try other options. There are shopping options galore within a mile of Hotel (at least 5 different shopping centers), including ones with Costco & Trader Joes, & numerous eating options for various budgets, also next door to Market, that also carries speciality foods. That in mind, however, we were VERY pleased with dinners we had at the Hotel's restaurant, when were were just too tired to go out.

If have mobility issues: We stayed in standard suite first visit & Handicapped suites for next 2 visits. They have 2 options for HQ suites both with handrails, (1) roll-in shower & (2) tub/shower, both well set-up, lots of space. Lots of flat, available parking for all types of vehicles (hotel located at rear of large shopping center next to 101 Fwy). Flat level entrance with automated bi-fold front door, ramps to Atrium Courtyard & Bar. Ramp to INDOOR handrailed HOTTUB & Pool on ground floor(only problem here is due to limited space around pool, the pool loungers & chairs sometimes can make it difficult to get to the entrances to hottub & pool without moving these items). There is also a separate large service elevator available for use that will take you to just outside the entrances to the pools & exercise area, if you are on an upper floor away from lobby. The 2 different HQ rooms on 2 different stays that we stayed in were #103 & #108 located on North side away from freeway were Quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms next to freeway are noisy, I needed earplugs to sleep. BUT on when we moved to opposite side...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear OvrHillPicNupSpeed,

Thank you for being our guest and one that continues to be our guest, I am delighted that you congratulated the team here as they are fabulous, we are very lucky and will never take them or our guest for granted.

I very much appreciate your assisting our future guests with directions and sharing our wonderful amenities that they too will enjoy.

Really look forward to seeing and meeting you in person the next time you are in San Luis Obispo.
Thank you.
Tim

Been to Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo? Share your experiences!