My family & I have stayed here 3 times between mid Oct-end of Nov 2012. Total of 7 nights. Very clean & exceptionally courteous & eager-to-please staff (most of younger staff apparently are local college students). All rooms have microwaves, refrigerators. Free hotfood, fruit, cereals, breads/muffins breakfast buffet & made to order omelets plus. Mgr Reception 2-hr eve FREE beverages (including well & mixed alcoholic) & appitizers. Indoor hot tub & pool. Only down-side is some room locations could be on noisy side. If this is issue for you, ask for room away from freeway-side.
Finding Hotel the first time is definately a challenge, best suggestion I can give you is as you drive up Madonna Rd toward Mtn, the shopping Center is on your left. Pass McDonalds & Starbucks & (if in standard vehicle) turn LEFT AT APPLEBEE's Restaurant (this access road will dead end you into SEARs on your left & back side of EMBASSY Suites on your right). If you are in Motorhome or other oversized vehicle, I'd suggest you pass Applebee's & take the next LEFT turn at the US Post Office (it's another access road, a little bumpy, but is less traveled and takes you directly to front entance of Hotel & shopping center's far end parking lot). Once you get settled, then try other options. There are shopping options galore within a mile of Hotel (at least 5 different shopping centers), including ones with Costco & Trader Joes, & numerous eating options for various budgets, also next door to Market, that also carries speciality foods. That in mind, however, we were VERY pleased with dinners we had at the Hotel's restaurant, when were were just too tired to go out.
If have mobility issues: We stayed in standard suite first visit & Handicapped suites for next 2 visits. They have 2 options for HQ suites both with handrails, (1) roll-in shower & (2) tub/shower, both well set-up, lots of space. Lots of flat, available parking for all types of vehicles (hotel located at rear of large shopping center next to 101 Fwy). Flat level entrance with automated bi-fold front door, ramps to Atrium Courtyard & Bar. Ramp to INDOOR handrailed HOTTUB & Pool on ground floor(only problem here is due to limited space around pool, the pool loungers & chairs sometimes can make it difficult to get to the entrances to hottub & pool without moving these items). There is also a separate large service elevator available for use that will take you to just outside the entrances to the pools & exercise area, if you are on an upper floor away from lobby. The 2 different HQ rooms on 2 different stays that we stayed in were #103 & #108 located on North side away from freeway were Quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near SLO Wine country and gorgeous beaches, this hotel is perfect for your San Luis Obispo vacation! All guests receive free breakfast, complimentary cocktails and snacks at the nightly evening reception and spacious, two-room suites. The hotel offers a shuttle to the famous SLO Farmer's market for $4 round-trip every Thursday night. The onsite restaurant, Greenhouse Grill and Cafe, offers delicious Californian cuisine from Executive Chef Kirk Sowell. Enjoy an indoor pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center and high speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Embassy Suites