Traveling up to SLO to meet daughter's boyfriend's parents, we wanted a nice place with numerous amenities, and of course, the Embassy Suites always have great amenities. It was Thanksgiving week so the place was booked solid.
We enjoyed the Happy Hour and the breakfast, both complimentary. Snacks at Happy Hour were sufficient, veggie tray, chips and salsa, popcorn and a Chinese cracker mix as well as an appetizer menu with prices in the average range. Breakfast was either hot, cooked to order or buffet. The only upsetting thing to me was there were dogs in the dining area on Thursday morning. Friday morning, one of the gentleman that works there made sure no one brought their dogs into the dining area. I'm not an animal hater, but to have allowed dogs into the eating area really upset me. The dogs were even in the area at Happy Hour. Management really needs to address this issue, perhaps by posting a sign that states no dogs in the Atrium area.
Our room had 2 queen beds, both very comfy. The room was located directly above the entrance which had very bright lights and music that played until almost 11, not necessarily a plus. The bath had a shower/tub combo and there was a separate sink area outside the bathroom. I had read many reviews on this property and totally agree with those that said the sitting area needed up-dating. The furniture, queen hide-a-bed and chair were so old that you literally sank to the bottom in them, very uncomfortable. Putting that aside, the suite was very clean and well stocked with towels, pillows, blanket, glasses and toiletries.
Locating the hotel might have been impossible without the aid of Siri. It is off the beaten track, in a shopping mall at the back.
Everyone that we encountered that worked there was very courteous, helpful and attentive. All in all, it was a pleasant stay and I would probably go back if the need arose for me to travel to that area for an extended length of time.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel
- Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near SLO Wine country and gorgeous beaches, this hotel is perfect for your San Luis Obispo vacation! All guests receive free breakfast, complimentary cocktails and snacks at the nightly evening reception and spacious, two-room suites. The hotel offers a shuttle to the famous SLO Farmer's market for $4 round-trip every Thursday night. The onsite restaurant, Greenhouse Grill and Cafe, offers delicious Californian cuisine from Executive Chef Kirk Sowell. Enjoy an indoor pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center and high speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.