“loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 31 hotels in San Luis Obispo
la palma
“loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

it was really clean and comfortable. the hotel staff was really helpful and nice. the beds were comfortable. the pool was heated. the price was nice compared to other motels. the view was really nice. i would suggest everybody to stay here. i will definately come back and stay again at ramada.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The room was clean and spacoius, but nothing fancy. Breakfast was kind of poor though, only bagels, muffin and coffee, and we had to wait for the managment to bring out more when it was not enought for all the customers (we were about four people having breakfast, still it wasn't enogh...). So, OK for the money but don't expect anything more.

• Liked — Spacious, clean rooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

I was on my way down to San Diego from San Fransico and needed a quick/cheap over night stay. I also had my two young children with me so I didn't want to go too cheap as that hotels usually are in a undesireable part of town. So we booked the Ramada Inn at the last second for a $120 "suite". The so called suite had mis-matched dirty furniture, gross dirty carpet and I go the feeling that the blankets hadn't been washed in a while.

It was also very unsafe. The front door didn't have a normal sliding security lock, it had a chain lock that was only being held up by one little nail. The adjoining room door wasn't locked when we walked in, but cracked open. And the bedroom had a sliding glass door that faced out into some sort of woods or creek (it was dark) I didn't feel very safe. The sliding glass door lock didn't work and there was no bar to keep it shut, just a pin that went through the metal.

It was very late when we arrived otherwise I would have left. Instead I slept for two hours and then got up and left at 4 am. You'd be better off going to the Motel 6 down the road. I wish I would have. Will NEVER stay here again. I will probably never stay at a Ramada again either.

• Liked — Nothing, it was all bad.
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and safety of the room, couldn't even connect to the internet
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

Wonderful hotel!!! I truely enjoyed my stay here. The customer service was excellent and the room was outstanding. It was very clean and I felt very comfortable. This was the best sleep I have had in weeks!!!
I recommend anyone to stay at this Ramada. They will really take care of you because it seems like they really care.
I will be back to stay at this Ramada soon!!!!

• Liked — The customer service was great and the rooms were very well kept and clean.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Loomis, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

We walk in the room and my daughter yells "It smells like diapers". It smelled like old musty disinfectant to me. We opened the windows and put the fan on high and left for dinner. The facuet was clogged and the water trickled out. The toliet and shower worked great. Good hot water pressure for my shower in the morning. My husband unscrewed the screen on the facuet and 2 dozen bits of black gunk come out. He rinsed out everything and the facuet works like new. We had the ironing board that looks like a golf course. See review from 9/2006. They couldn't afford a new cover in 8 months or more than one room has a bad ironing board cover. The continental breakfast was the generic danish and mini muffins. They had real orange juice and Farmer Bros coffee. They owners were very nice and we got a free USA today. I will never go back. My advice read the reviews. I paid the full internet price of $79.00.

Stayed April 2007
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

We had to stay in SLO overnight on an emergency trip, and since it was a 3 day holiday weekend, most of the decent places were already booked up. The Ramada had room, for $139/night, which is outrageous for what we got!

Immediately upon entering the room, which was rated nonsmoking, there was the odor of smoke, and dust and some mold. we couldnt see anything until we found the floor lamp and plugged it in! and we had to plug in the tv and table lamp also.

the bed had seen better days and many repairs to the room and bathroom were needed, including the walls needing repair beyond just paint.Even the soap packets were worn and battered. Everything had seen better days.

On the bright side, there was a small refrig and microwave, which we didnt use or need, but that was nice to have available.
sad to see the ramada chair reduced to such dreary conditions.

• Disliked — price for room value
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2006

I stayed there one night, with two other people. The first room we were given had an apparent short in the wiring to the lights between the beds, so we requested a different room.

As we were unpacking in the second room, I noticed that the carpet between the bed area and the sinks was wet and that the safe did not close and actually posed a hazard to our shins as it stuck out in the walking path to the sinks and bathroom. But we were tired (we had been driving since 4:30 AM), and just wanted to go out to dinner and then to bed.

When we returned from dinner at about 9:30 PM, we immediately noticed a sewer-like stink when we entered the room. I also noticed that the wet area on the carpet was worse. But we were exhausted, so we got ready for bed. By 10 PM, when using the toilet right before turning in, I discovered that the toilet was broken (did not flush at all), and there was water on the bathroom floor.

I wanted to call the front desk right away, but the other people in my group were SO TIRED, and we figured we would have to get dressed again and move to a THIRD room -- and God knows what we'd find there!

So we decided to wait until morning. Needless to say, with 3 people in the room, the toilet was pretty full -- and gross -- by morning, and the carpet and bathroom floor didn't improve either! When we called the front desk, they gave us the keys to the adjacent room, where we used the bathroom and got dressed. But, of course, we had to "schlep" (carry) our stuff to that room in our nightclothes, effectively having 3 rooms before getting one that was not HAZARDOUS to our health!

Neither Hotels.com (where we got the reservation) nor the Ramada wanted to give us a refund, even though the front desk clerk walked through each room and confirmed the problems. Note: The night clerk who moved us to the second room never reported the wiring problem in the first room.

Hotels.com eventually gave us a TINY PARTIAL refund, but none of us in the group will NEVER, EVER go back to this Ramada -- and based on the response from management will avoid all Ramadas from now on.

• Disliked — Safety, sanitation, response by management
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed December 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ramada San Luis Obispo? Share your experiences!