“Awful!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Santa Barbara, California
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I read some bad reviews before booking a room but I decided to give it a try. My bf and I live in Santa Barbara and took a weekend trip to SLO. We wanted to stay close to downtown SLO so this looked like a good deal. I was excited to do some hot tubbing during our stay and soak up the sun by the pool, since the weather has been nice this December. I was very disappointed to see the pool full of leaves and disgustingly dirty. The hot tub was just as gross. I thought maybe the pool we were looking at was part of the building next door so I went to ask at the front desk. The desk attendant was rude and told me they did not have a pool or hot tub so I told him their website says otherwise which is one of the reasons we wanted to stay here. He said they close it during winter because the weather is "bad." Mmmm last time I checked this is California and when he said that it was 73 degrees outside. While we did get a good deal for the room, considering that there was no pool or hot tub and the room smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room- it was definitely not worth it! Awful place to say the least. Also, the desk attendant was very rude, we asked where their ice machine was and he told us to go to the store... We stared at him in disbelief and then he smirked and said it was by the vending machine. Definitely don't appreciate the nasty attitude and bad service. Good thing we had plans to go out and spent minimal time at the hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Booked a room at this place. Was a very busy weekend so had to reserve something for Saturday night. Thursday evening about an hour past cancellation time had to cancel trip unfortunately for reasons out of my control. Although I'm sure they resold room would not cancel my reservation. Tried Ramada corporate, desk, local manager. Finally manager said he would issue me a credit to be used another night. Guess what he lied-no credit. Dishonest-avoid at all costs

Room Tip: avoid this place
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Clovis, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I don't usually complain, but... Had a homeless guy sleeping in the bushes outside my door this afternoon. Now (3am) I am awake trying to keep a persistent, cat-sized RAT out of my kitchen!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I am not one to complain about many hotels, but this place was terrible. We couldn't wait to leave! The room was not clean, we were told we had a room and when we went to the room the door was open. We asked the maid who was nearby and she went in and checked to see if it was ready. We went in and found a dirty wash cloth in the shower with hairs on it. All the electrical plugs in the room were so old that anything you plugged in would fall out and not stay in the plug. The alarm clock was unplugged and I had to plug it in and found filth behind the dresser, pure disgust. The carpet was very dirty and soiled. The free breakfast was an average hotel breakfast and they did have free WIFI, but other than that we were not impressed...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Had a recently remodeled room. Flat screen TV. Good value. No complaints. Recognize it is not a Hampton Inn class of hotel so don't expect such.

• Stayed September 2011
Dublin, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were really worried because we had prepaid with hotels.com before we read the reviews, and we knew we were stuck. So, expecting the absolute worst, we were pleasantly surprised. Everything worked. It didn't smell bad. No bed-bugs (or ladies of the evening) in sight, and it was pretty clean (didn't look too closely to the corners, etc. though). The location was great, and the price was right. The furnishings were OLD & worn (threadbare even), but not stained or gross. The mattresses were hard & lumpy, and the towels were pretty scratchy, but what do you expect from the cheapest hotel we could find? (About half the price of the nearest Marriott). The front desk staff was polite, although we didn't have any special requests or problems. The "breakfast" was pre-packaged bagels & danishes from the grocery store, and the coffee definitely wasn't Starbucks, but it wasn't horrid. Overall, a good value for the two nights we were there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We came to San Luis Obispo late evening and check out few B&B. All of them (even those worst looking or across the street), were much more expensive then Ramada. We had a clean room, big enough to have us with kids. Staff was extremely helpful and helped us to find a place to eat that night. In the morning we had breakfast we could really call "breakfast". There was enough bagels and muffins for all of us and quick refill. Nice experience by the road trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ramada San Luis Obispo? Share your experiences!