“Holiday Inn Express SLO - Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Santa Clara, California
“Holiday Inn Express SLO - Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in San Luis Obispo. I've been staying there often over the last 18 months, and am very pleased with the level of service (professional, attentive, friendly), location (walking distance to shops, restaurants, CalPoly,etc), cleanliness, and hot breakfast buffet. Their outdoor pool is very nice during the summer and their hot tub is great year-round. If you have a pet, this hotel is also pet-friendly. Finally, they offer a fantastic two-story suite which is great for families.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIXSLOGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Saavedra_john,

Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoy your time here with us and please come see us again very soon!

Holida Inn Express-San Luis Obispo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Since June 2010 I spent 340 days at this motel while I worked on a local large-scale construction project. I typically always stay at Holiday Inns or Expresses and have been using this chain on a regular basis since 2003. I've stayed at numerous HIEs and HIs and the one in SLO has by far the best staff - very nice and accommodating. I have a favorite room on the first floor that they keep available for me - almost unheard of elsewhere! They also save Sunday newspapers for me because I use the coupons. It's a great place to stay with great staff. I recommend the HIE in SLO to anyone who asks.

Dear Howard,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad to hear you enjoy staying with us, and appreciate your loyalty to the brand. You have been with us for quite a while, I wish to thank you so much for that and allowing us to be a part of your life while you are working here on the Central Coast!

Holiday Inn Express-San Luis Obispo
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This Is a average Holiday Inn Express. I didn't find anything special about this hotel. seems clean, check in was quick, rooms are average but dated and breakfast was okay. looked for someone at the front desk in the morning but never did find anyone. I guess if you need a clean place and don't need anything, then this is a good place.

Room Tip: Walk downtown
Dear CenCoastSurfer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take our guest comments quite seriously, and look at every one of them as chance to improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am glad that you liked our location. I am however sorry that you there was no one at the Front Desk when you needed us. I have taken note of your comments and I will address all of your concerns with the appropriate Department Head so we can improve upon our service . I hope you will give us another chance when you are in the area, and please feel free to call me directly if I can be of service.

Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

It was my first time in San Luis Obispo and this HIE staff was very accommodating. My 1 year old dog injured his leg the day before my week long travel, which meant he was stuck traveling with me in hotels. Upon arrival I was greeted with a smile, and a yes we do allow pets! Whew! I paid the small pet fee and was able to stay in a very comfortable room with my dog. Check in/out process was easy, breakfast was convenient. There are only two computers for the business office and they were occupied by other guests. The front desk staff quickly made the copies I requested with a smile! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HIXSLOGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear CenCoastSurfer,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Here's the skinny. ..HIE in SLO is the place to be!
The location is perfect for stay & play. You're only 10mins from Avila Beach,15mins from Morro Bay or Pismo Beach. If your legs ain't broke, you can walk a couple of blocks to downtown to get your party on!...or take the shuttle bus that makes stops out front. There's Pappy McGregor's right across the street-excellent eats!
The price is right too!... I been working up here for the past year & have tried some of the other hotels. HIE by far beats the competition...Super 8...Super Ghetto! Embassy... $50 more a night for the same room amenities.
I could go on but I think you're catching what I'm pitching. ...late!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear JesusChiseSuperChops,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, and our surrounding area! Hopefully, on your next trip you will be able to enjoy our relaxing whirlpool, swimming pool, and fitness center. Please visit us again soon.

Holiday Inn Express - San Luis Obispo
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

wonderful staff, very cooperative, pleasant, and professional. Made me and my gropup feel like we are at our own facility. Breakfast is very good and the rooms very comfortable. Joel, Sandy, and the rest of the staff go out of their way to maKe our stay pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIXSLOGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Hany K.

I’m glad so many of my team members made your stay positive and memorable! We have so many team members that collaborate to accomplish the same goal of delivering an exceptional experience. I appreciate the time you took to let us know, I will share this with the team. We all look forward to serving you again at hte Holiday Inn Express - San Luis Obispo!.

Joel F. Koper
Holiday Inn Express - San Lus Obispo
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've overseen an agriculture training program called ADAPT for military and civilian folks about to deploy to Afghanistan for the last 1.5 years. We meet for 1 week each training session at the SLO Holiday Inn Express, near the Cal Poly campus. The service has always been outstanding, from General Manager Joel Koper to Sales Director, Sandy Wirick to the custodial staff, the HIE team has met or exceeded all our training program needs. Our special requests for catered food and receptions were always graciously handled, and the trainees (up to 35 at a time) always expressed appreciation for a great stay. I gladly recommend this hotel and their staff to friends and colleagues - Mark Shelton

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo? Share your experiences!