“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Here's the skinny. ..HIE in SLO is the place to be!
The location is perfect for stay & play. You're only 10mins from Avila Beach,15mins from Morro Bay or Pismo Beach. If your legs ain't broke, you can walk a couple of blocks to downtown to get your party on!...or take the shuttle bus that makes stops out front. There's Pappy McGregor's right across the street-excellent eats!
The price is right too!... I been working up here for the past year & have tried some of the other hotels. HIE by far beats the competition...Super 8...Super Ghetto! Embassy... $50 more a night for the same room amenities.
I could go on but I think you're catching what I'm pitching. ...late!

• Stayed January 2013
HIXSLOGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear JesusChiseSuperChops,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, and our surrounding area! Hopefully, on your next trip you will be able to enjoy our relaxing whirlpool, swimming pool, and fitness center. Please visit us again soon.

Joel Koper
Holiday Inn Express - San Luis Obispo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

wonderful staff, very cooperative, pleasant, and professional. Made me and my gropup feel like we are at our own facility. Breakfast is very good and the rooms very comfortable. Joel, Sandy, and the rest of the staff go out of their way to maKe our stay pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIXSLOGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Hany K.

I’m glad so many of my team members made your stay positive and memorable! We have so many team members that collaborate to accomplish the same goal of delivering an exceptional experience. I appreciate the time you took to let us know, I will share this with the team. We all look forward to serving you again at hte Holiday Inn Express - San Luis Obispo!.

Holiday Inn Express - San Lus Obispo
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've overseen an agriculture training program called ADAPT for military and civilian folks about to deploy to Afghanistan for the last 1.5 years. We meet for 1 week each training session at the SLO Holiday Inn Express, near the Cal Poly campus. The service has always been outstanding, from General Manager Joel Koper to Sales Director, Sandy Wirick to the custodial staff, the HIE team has met or exceeded all our training program needs. Our special requests for catered food and receptions were always graciously handled, and the trainees (up to 35 at a time) always expressed appreciation for a great stay. I gladly recommend this hotel and their staff to friends and colleagues - Mark Shelton

Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Where do I start with this? My experiences at the SLO Holiday Inn Express have been exceptional. I am greeted like an old friend and always feel very welcome. The staff, as in all service businesses makes this one "tick" - always more than helpful and always making you feel like "home".
Always clean, neat and welcoming with a fine breakfast and accomodating staff. There are other hotels in SLO, several much newer, but the SLO-HIE will always be my choice. Location is also great - easily accessable to downtown by bus or walk. Stay here - you'll always come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIXSLOGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear SCS515

Thank you so much for your kind words! Posts like yours keep us motivated to keep doing our best! It also makes me remember how great of a team we have here at our hotel. I appreciate the time you took to let me know of your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us!

Hliday Inn Express- SLO
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were driving down the 101 & just needed a good place to stay for the night. We were so glad to find this place. Because it was a Holiday Inn Express I knew it had to have some level of quality, but I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was. The price was very good, the staff was very friendly, the room was clean & comfortable and the breakfast "hit the spot".

We've stayed at pricier bed & breakfasts in the area and while we didn't get a chocolate on our pillows or some other cute amenities, the price and the quality of this hotel definitely makes it a recommended spot for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIXSLOGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Janina72,

Thank you for writing your review of our hotel! We are very happy that our hotel met your needs, that our staff was "friendly", and that your stay was pleasant! We love to hear comments such as that and we are very very happy to been there for you on your drive down the 101!

Have a fantastic new year and please do come back and visit us again!

Holiday Inn Express - San Luis Obispo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am a pretty low-maintenance traveler, but those things that are important to me when I travel are that much more - important. I am a seasoned Road Warrior and spend several nights each quarter in SLO. I stumbled onto HIE-SLO because they are one of our approved corporate vendors. However, from my first visit I have seen no reason to stay anywhere else and choose this propery for all my visits. The staff is great, they know me and great me by name, the propery is clean and bright and very comfortable. If you stay on Thursday nights, the downtown trolley stops right in front and will whisk you to Market Night in just a few minutes. Otherwise, downtown is just few minutes walk - far enought away for easy parking and access and close enough to walk for Peet's Coffee and meals downtown.

Those important things:
5) Easy parking and access to downtown and HWY 101
6) Very close to campus if that is important to you

RW

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. As always we strive for our guests to leave happy and satisfied with their stay with us.

Holiday Inn Express - SLO
WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm an IHG Gold Member and frequently stay at this hotel chain for work. I recently stayed for one night with my husband and infant son. I called ahead of time to arrange a crib, and it was delivered to the room immediately. This is the only reason that I give this hotel 2 stars and not 1. The hotel lobby is nice looking, but that is where it ends. We were given a top floor room at the end of a hallway. The floor was dirty, there was no microwave in the room (like other HIEs), paint peeling, bathtub did not drain, stains on couch, no coffee table, etc. If we were staying more nights, we would have gone to a different hotel. Breakfast was standard. A couple of funny things: when my husband and I sat on the end of the king-sized bed at the same time, the bed tilted up like a teeter-totter. Second, when we walked in, the bed had been turned down and a single chocolate was on the pillow. We didn't really care about the chocolate, but thought it was funny that a single chocolate was placed in a room where the hotel was aware a family would be staying. I think this really speaks to the lack of communication and attention to detail. I brought up a couple of the maintenance issues with the general manager in the morning and he acted as if he was shocked that the room looked like I described. He was polite, but his response made me feel that he really isn't keeping up on what state the rooms are in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HIXSLOGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and clean accommodations. I am sorry our hotel did not meet this requirement and that we did not live up to your expectations, and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Joel Koper

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo? Share your experiences!