We decided to stop over at San Luis Obispo on our way to San Francisco. We contemplated booking a room at the only Holiday Inn Express in town, but took our chances and arrived late evening at the hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly. We negotiated a great deal on the room price and got an excellent deal that included the breakfast. Being Priority Club members we also got a goodie bag, which had a couple of bottles of juice and a bag of crisps and sweeties.
The room was clean and comfortable, although very basic, typical of any Holiday Inn Express rooms. WiFi was free in the bedrooms, which was an excellent deal. The lady at the front desk provided us with useful information about the local events and places to eat around. One of her dining suggestions was a creek side restaurant named Novo, excellent food and great romantic atmosphere, not to miss if u are planing to have dinner in town.
We were there on a Thursday night, which is the weeknight for the famous Farmers Market in town, and there was a shuttle bus that took us downtown for a dollar, which we boarded from right outside the hotel. The market was awesome and worth a visit.
We had a comfortable stay in San Luis Obispo and will happily stay at this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo Hotel
- Holiday Inn San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please Be Advised: Hotel Under Renovation. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel at San Luis Obispo is the area's closest hotel to California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly). Enjoy the best of small town charm surrounded by the unrivaled natural beauty of the Central Coast - from the historic Mission in downtown San Luis Obispo, to the colorful shops, restaurants, wineries, hiking, and beaches. The rustic neighboring communities of Cambria, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach and Paso Robles are just a short drive away. Our hotel offers a relaxing getaway with newly renovated, spacious rooms and suites featuring refrigerators, bath robes, and amenities to make you feel at home! Enjoy our complimentary deluxe full American breakfast. AAA approved, 3-Diamond rating. Come hop the trolley this Thursday to our weekly, regionally-famed, Farmer's Market. You will find an extensive selection of fresh produce, BBQ & live music! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.