“Clean, Great Service, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

La Cuesta Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2074 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Palm Desert, California
“Clean, Great Service, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

Room was terrific, bed was extremely comfortable and property was super-clean. But the staff was the best. Helpful, always friendly, seemed like an extremely happy bunch. Wife and I stayed here on our way to San Fran, and are changing plans this summer so we can go back for a longer visit. We had a great time at the La Questa

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

la verne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

We were staying for a music performance at the cal poly, so this hotel was exactly what we needed. Simple, comfortable, practically next door to the school, with several restaurants within a short drive's distance. the staff was polite and pleasant, the rooms were clean and included a good sized tv, dvd player (with free dvd rentals from the front desk. good movies too), an ihome, very comfortable beds and a clean bathroom. There was a microwave available downstairs, and the continental breakfast was more than what we expected. i would recommend this hotel above all others while staying in San Luis Obispo

• Stayed May 2010
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Have to say, this was a most fortuitous choice. The wife and I normally stay at Holiday Inn Express when we travel around--hey, we love the breakfast and the consistency between hotels--but we could not get in over in San Luis Obispo.

Our gain!

The hotel is charming and cozy--and so close to everything we needed. From the shops to the food choices...they are all within walking distance. What did if for me and wife, however, is the customer service we received during our stay.

Simply put: outstanding!

The desk clerk, and I have forgotten her name, was full of information about the surrounding area--and promulgated a sense of caring about our evening out. Made our reservations, gave a detailed walking map, gave directions to the winery, and even greeted us when we came back later that night. Impressive.

Rooms themselves are clean and presentable--and I found the breakfast to be quite filling.

And yes: my wife and I will be returning here in the summer on our trip over to San Francisco. It's really quite perfect for a 1 or 2 night stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
McLean,VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I have stayed at the La Cuesta a dozen times in the last year and find it one of the best values in the area. I am always received with a warm smile, given a spacious room and feel the friendliness of the staff the entire time I am there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Sun City West, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I booked this hotel via the internet and didn't know what to expect. From the courteous oung lady that checked me in to the attentive woman responsible for the free breakfast I found people that seemed to enjoy their job. That speaks highly (and loudly) for any business, but particularly for one in the hospitality business. The hotel itself was very clean and priced well for the product. I also found the location a plus. Access to the highlway and the fact that downtown and the university were literally within walking distance was a huge bonus for me. I recommend this hotel for the one night guest passing through the area as well as the guest wanting to spend a week or more exploring this wondeful part of the state.

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
MENLO PARK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

This place is in a good location, right off the highway and a healthy walking distance to downtown. Our room, though near the elevator, was pretty quiet. The women at the front desk were friendly and competent (we were allowed to check into our room almost 3 hours early). Pluses include a decent selection of movie rentals to watch in your room and the room had an iPod docking station and DVD player, both of which were appreciated since it rained most of the weekend putting the kabosh on most of our plans. Our room also had a nice little patio up in the pinetrees which would have been nice to enjoy if the weather were better. They also had all- day complimentary coffee/drinks, afternoon tea (why not leave the tea bags out all day, is my question, however...) and a continental breakfast. If you are vegetarian, you'll do fine but vegans might have to work a little harder to find something to eat. I have to be honest however and say though it was a decent place overall, I didn't find it a particular value at about $170 night w/ tax during the winter. Also, the pool and spa were closed and it would have been nice to been told that when making the reservation.

Here is the main thing what I can't get past though. I noticed in the light of the morning, that our room had what looked like high velocity blood splatter on the ceiling over the bed, in the hallway and on the bathroom door. When we checked out I informed the woman at the desk who seemed mortified but it really made me feel like sitting in a tub of Lysol while sipping a vancomycin martini when I got home.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

This hotel is tucked away at the top of Monterey street, so it's a long walk to downtown, but if you have a car then no problem. Friendly staff, good breakfast considering the reasonable cost. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple