“adequate but needs new beds” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn

You added Lexington Inn to your Saves list
Lexington Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2050 Garfield Street, Garfield & Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
West Sedona, Arizona
“adequate but needs new beds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

As there was a Willie Nelson concert in town, everything was sold out. This was economical, and you can tellf they have taken care to keep it clean & up to date. However, the bed killed our backs. I had a massage between the two nights, so I could face night #2!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lomita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple days for a destination wedding we were attending. The inn is a great value. The rooms are currently under refurbishment so some things are a bit off. Our room was very spacious. New carpet. New molding. New tile in shower. The walls are still original and need to be retextured. The edges have some dings from luggage no doubt that needs to be looked at. The bed was very comfortable (probably the most important thing). The sink and counter need to be replaced. The fixtures are very worn down to the brass. The toilet needs to be replaced also. I assume all of these are in progress since new tile was done. Also our room had a old tube tv that could barely be seen. Our friends arrived for one night and none of the refurbishments were done except a new very small for room flat screen and a fridge with microwave. Either way ammenities were good. Beds very comfy. Breakfast was good. Overall great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed August 2013
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised with everything at the Lexington Inn. Wonderful, kind front desk, good location, nice room and clean pool. Morning breakfast was available and enjoyed the fitness room. We will be back for sure:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Anyway, upon carrying my luggage up the stairs to the room, I found it quite hot & stuffy. I also found toilet paper in the toilet??? I attempted to turn on the air conditioner but the fuse tripped every time I pressed on. I was so tired I decided to open the window and see if that would cool the room. This was not a safe option as anyone could push the large screen in and enter the room from the walkway. However, in my exhaustion I fell asleep (with my clothes still on).

In the morning I noticed about five black swirls on the mirror in the bathroom. Then, I noticed black marks on the floor. I swiped these with a wet kleenex and they came up. The floor was simply uncleaned.

Upon exiting the bathroom I then noticed blood marks near the door jamb.

Then, upon exiting the room, I saw more blood marks at the exit door handle. YUCK!

Clearly this room had not been cleaned since the prior occupant. The mirror simply needs to be replaced as it is laminated in several places - a very inexpensive maintenance item.

I have never in my life been provided a room in such disgusting condition.

I told the receptionist and she seemed genuinely disgusted but said there was noting she could do and to please contact you when I got home.

To top all this off, I just received my mastercard bill and was charged double for the room - even after I addressed this issue at check in!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am originally from SLO and my family still lives in the area. We frequently travel from southern Cal to northern cal and we love to travel along the Hwy 1 via Big Sur to visit family. This quaint but stylish place is located in the perfect middle stopping point, enabling us to rest and refresh before travelling on albeit toward the north or on our journey back homeward bound in the south of Cali. The service here is always excellent and all the personnel are very genuinely courteous especially Depech the front desk clerk who happened to check us in for the 4th of July trip we recently spent there, she was above and beyond the normal level of service not only to us but to other guests as we observed her going the extra mile and giving guests access to boiled water for their baby's needs and escorting another guest in need of security on a late night walk back to their room. All said and done this hotel is clean, large and offers the consistent amenities we travelers are accustomed to in this modern day. We recommend you give the place a stay, you will enjoy the experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We frequently travel to San Luis Obispo to visit family. Due to other hotels being completely sold out, we tried the Lexington Inn for the first time. The room was clean, with the window closed the room was quiet, with the window open we could hear the nearby highway, bed was very comfortable, elevator was a nice plus, desk clerks were very friendly and parking was limited. Breakfast was pretty basic ... however, everything was fresh (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, milk, water, cereal, english muffins, rolls and plenty of fresh fruit). We an upgraded "non-smoking executive suite room" based on the Lexington web site photo showing a suite with a separate bedroom. We were surprised and disappointed when we walked into one large room (not a suite) that had a desk, refrigerator, love seat and microwave. When we discussed the "suite" with the front desk, we were told that there is quite a variety of room configurations and it would be best in the future to call the hotel directly for reservations in order to book specific rooms. Bottom line ... we slept well and will most likely stay at the Lexington Inn again in the future, but we will book via telephone instead of internet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The room was large and clean. The furnishings and fixtures are a bit outdated but they are renovating the hotel so these may be updated. The bathroom was clean, the carpet seemed brand new. The bedding seemed new as well. The staff was very friendly, and the location was good. My only complaints were the lack of parking - my husband and I arrived very late and lucked out to find an empty parking space. There are 75 rooms and only about 50 spaces. My other complaint was the noise - not from other rooms, I only heard my neighbors once. it was the traffic noise that I couldn't believe. They may want to consider new, sound proof windows. I would definitely stay here again if I visit SLO in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lexington Inn? Share your experiences!