“Great Stay for Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn

You added Lexington Inn to your Saves list
Lexington Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2050 Garfield Street, Garfield & Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Los Angeles, California
“Great Stay for Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

A colleague and I stayed here 2 weeks ago when we visited SLO on business. The rooms were very spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. Had breakfast on the patio and enjoyed the flowers and tropical atmosphere.

Only drawback was that it was a little hard to find. Map said one thing, but street name wasn't the same. We found it by driving around the block. Good stay all in all.

Room Tip: Top floors are best. Parking garage is great and has an elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for the Cal Poly open house. As other reviews note, the Lexington is at a good location, about a ten minute easy walk to the campus. Going in the other direction, a similar distance to Higuera St downtown. Once we parked at the Lexington, we just walked everywhere we needed to go. In addition, the hotel is right across the street from the Apple Farm, which was great for breakfast. Following Monterey St, there are lots of close by restaurants. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Parking is easy and the lobby is small but presents well. The pricing is decent and we were pleasantly surprised to be put in a suite so we each had a separate room. On the down side, the rooms are dated and poorly maintained. There were stains on the carpet and bed spreads (but the sheets were clean). Our shower had peeling paint. Electrical wires were plugged into power strips hanging from wall outlets. It doesn't seem like it would take much to get the rooms in decent order. My guess is that they get enough Cal Poly business that they don't have to worry about keeping the rooms in top shape. We will likely stay there again, but will probably also shop around a bit to find something better maintained.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Cal Poly SLO for their open house. We had stayed at a different hotel on an earlier visit but this will be my "go to" for all future visits. My son and I walked to Cal Poly to avoid dealing with parking, 10 minute easy walk. Front desk was extremely helpful. They recommended we take the trolley, which picks up across the street, to attend the Thursday night Farmers Market. At $.50 per person that was an awesome suggestion.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was given 211. I was a little concerned because it was next to the ice...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was very pleased with this motel. It was clean and the rooms were large. It had the biggest closet I have seen in a hotel room. It was close to the Thursday Market.

Free parking and internet made me very happy.

It was a little outdated ala 90s, but it was clean.

My only gripe was the carpet needed shampooing, it felt cruddy underfoot. I should emphasize everything else was clean, the carpet just didn't feel right to me.

I never got to the pool, so I can't speak to it.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in SLO on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

For $90/night, the Lexington Inn provided a clean room with a very comfortable bed (with white duvet comforters -- none of that curtain-y bed cover that never gets washed). The paint job gave the room a nice feel. Staff was very friendly and cheerful and accommodated our last minute booking very kindly. Breakfast was decent for an American continental breakfast; there were muffins and danishes (albeit store bought and a little unappetizing), juices, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, English muffins, etc.

We do have a few complaints: the shower pressure was weak, the faucet leaked a little, the in-room coffee tasted like paper, the AC is VERY loud (but it works!), and the TV was not a flat screen (we didn't watch the TV but it gave an old feel to the room). Also, I think we got the smallest room in the complex so it wasn't particularly spacious but it was comfortable enough for two people. Despite these complaints, I would probably stay here again because our other choices are crappy motels for less than $60 or spending over $100 for a nicer hotel.

Location is great if you have a car, as it is right next to the freeway and easy driving distance to downtown San Luis Obispo and surrounds. However, there isn't much within walking distance of the hotel except other hotels and motels.

Overall, I definitely recommend this hotel to travelers who don't want to stay in a cheap motel but don't want to spend over $100 for a solid room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Not being familiar with the Lexington Brand my husband and I didn't really know what to expect. I'm really finicky about hotel cleanliness and the bedding. I was pleased by the overall appearance of the property, i.e. pretty landscaping and nice pool area, and we even had a private patio area with 2 loungers in a little alcove off our patio door! I was surprised by how large the room was, and the linens used on the bed - these were the type of linens you would see in a 4 or 5 star hotel (high thread count, duvet covers and super soft sheets.) I'd go back simply for the bed - it was that comfy!
The hotel is very convenient to town and the staff were very helpful in suggesting things to do and places to eat.
Breakfast is included and my husband brought back some nice tea and scones to the room.

I would definitely stay here again - especially in comparison to the other properties in the area and their pricing. Don't underestimate the Lexington - it was a great stay for a moderately priced hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice stay, nothing fancy but it wasn't dated. Best part is that it was very clean. Bed was too soft for me but the rest of my family was happy. Great location for visiting my daughter at CalPoly. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Lexington Inn? Share your experiences!