“Very pleased” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn

Save Saved
You added Lexington Inn to your Saves list
Lexington Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2050 Garfield Street, Garfield & Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #17 of 31 hotels in San Luis Obispo
Milwaukee
“Very pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was very pleased with this motel. It was clean and the rooms were large. It had the biggest closet I have seen in a hotel room. It was close to the Thursday Market.

Free parking and internet made me very happy.

It was a little outdated ala 90s, but it was clean.

My only gripe was the carpet needed shampooing, it felt cruddy underfoot. I should emphasize everything else was clean, the carpet just didn't feel right to me.

I never got to the pool, so I can't speak to it.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in SLO on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

For $90/night, the Lexington Inn provided a clean room with a very comfortable bed (with white duvet comforters -- none of that curtain-y bed cover that never gets washed). The paint job gave the room a nice feel. Staff was very friendly and cheerful and accommodated our last minute booking very kindly. Breakfast was decent for an American continental breakfast; there were muffins and danishes (albeit store bought and a little unappetizing), juices, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, English muffins, etc.

We do have a few complaints: the shower pressure was weak, the faucet leaked a little, the in-room coffee tasted like paper, the AC is VERY loud (but it works!), and the TV was not a flat screen (we didn't watch the TV but it gave an old feel to the room). Also, I think we got the smallest room in the complex so it wasn't particularly spacious but it was comfortable enough for two people. Despite these complaints, I would probably stay here again because our other choices are crappy motels for less than $60 or spending over $100 for a nicer hotel.

Location is great if you have a car, as it is right next to the freeway and easy driving distance to downtown San Luis Obispo and surrounds. However, there isn't much within walking distance of the hotel except other hotels and motels.

Overall, I definitely recommend this hotel to travelers who don't want to stay in a cheap motel but don't want to spend over $100 for a solid room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Not being familiar with the Lexington Brand my husband and I didn't really know what to expect. I'm really finicky about hotel cleanliness and the bedding. I was pleased by the overall appearance of the property, i.e. pretty landscaping and nice pool area, and we even had a private patio area with 2 loungers in a little alcove off our patio door! I was surprised by how large the room was, and the linens used on the bed - these were the type of linens you would see in a 4 or 5 star hotel (high thread count, duvet covers and super soft sheets.) I'd go back simply for the bed - it was that comfy!
The hotel is very convenient to town and the staff were very helpful in suggesting things to do and places to eat.
Breakfast is included and my husband brought back some nice tea and scones to the room.

I would definitely stay here again - especially in comparison to the other properties in the area and their pricing. Don't underestimate the Lexington - it was a great stay for a moderately priced hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice stay, nothing fancy but it wasn't dated. Best part is that it was very clean. Bed was too soft for me but the rest of my family was happy. Great location for visiting my daughter at CalPoly. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed February 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We were travelling from San Francisco to Los Angeles and we made a stop to sleep in San Luis Obispo. We choose this hotel due to we like the room and the price was correct. Room was very nice and it was connected via a terrace with our friend's room. Complete breakfast but with no place to take it, you should go to your room or take it in the lobby sofa.
Overall is a great hotel for a night during travel. It has also free internet wireless access in all rooms.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were there with a group of people, so I got to see a variety of rooms. Ours was a third floor queen with a small kitchenette, but other friends had a ground floor rooms that were noisy and cramped. I'd definitely ask for something on the 2nd or 3rd floor, and in the annex building (I think these are newer rooms; you have to walk through small parking lot to get to it).

Staff was friendly; we had to switch rooms because our TV didn't work, and they were efficient about that. The room itself felt a bit dated, but it was clean. Internet was spotty, which wasn't great for business travel. The hotel is located next to a busy intersection, so there is road noise. It's within walking distance of some good restaurants, but it's too far to walk downtown.

We got a good deal on our rooms, so it was worth it. If prices approach what other hotels are asking, I'd probably go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor room in annex building. Do not get a ground floor room in main building!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I asked for a quiet room when we checked in and were put on the 3rd floor. The lady in the front office was nice and accommodating. She gave us a quiet and scenic room. The room was spacious with 2 comfortable queen size beds. It contained a small refrigerator and microwave, desk with chair and small table with 2 chairs with plenty of room to spare. The internet was slow at times but dependable. The vanity sink was outside the bathroom, which was convenient, but was old and patched. The TV was an older model with a less than clear picture. It was great to spend a quiet night here and move on with our trip. If our room was more updated, I would have given it another star. As it was, it was comfortable and basic.

Room Tip: Tell the front desk what you want. They were very accommodating. Our room on the 3rd floor was quiet...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lexington Inn? Share your experiences!