This is our third vacation in SLO. We stayed at the wonderful San Luis Creek Lodge the last two times but this time we wanted to stay closer to downtown. Avenue Inn was indeed our best choice for this trip. The motel (that's really what this property is) appears to have been completely renovated within the last year or two (I don't know for sure when it was renovated). Everything was immaculate and like-new. Most older motel renovations are only half done but this one was done right! We only have a couple of gripes. The shower head is in the middle of the shower on a high ceiling. It was somewhat difficult to dodge the direct spray of the shower head. Also, while there is a window in the bathroom, there is no fan. So, the room stayed damp even though we kept the bathroom window open. While these are relatively minor gripes, we otherwise we would have given this five stars. We did not partake in the free continental breakfast because it was lacking protein and half the fun of travel is the variety of local dining options. We would definitely consider staying here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Rooms Brand New. Located 3 blocks to Historic Downtown San Luis Obispo. Walk to restaurants, shopping, movie theater, bars & nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge San Luis Obispo Downtown Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Travel Lodge San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Travel Lodge
- San Luis Obispo Travelodge