We visited SLO for a family event and only stayed at Avenue Inn because more upscale hotels were booked due to parents weekend at Cal Poly. However, I'm glad it worked out that way. Avenue Inn is a recently refurbished, former Travel Lodge, but it was much nicer than any Travel Lodge I've ever stayed in. The accommodations were more than sufficient. The room has a comfortable bed, flat screen TV, microwave and small refrigerator. The rooms are kept quite clean. The free continental breakfast was just fine - cereal, waffles, croissants, muffins and fruit. For a traveler on a budget Avenue Inn is an excellent choice and is located an easy walk from downtown San Luis Obispo. We don't visit SLO often, but on our next trip Avenue Inn would probably be our first choice. Given my review, the overall rating may seem low but that is only because the amenities are quite limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Rooms Brand New. Located 3 blocks to Historic Downtown San Luis Obispo. Walk to restaurants, shopping, movie theater, bars & nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge San Luis Obispo Downtown Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Travel Lodge San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Travel Lodge
- San Luis Obispo Travelodge