Let's face it, if you are road tripping Route 1 from SF to LA, you are going to need a couple of night-stops. After a fair amount of research I picked Avenue Inn Downtown in SLO and very glad I did.
Not only was it probably the most central hotel in SLO (couple of blocks to downtown) but also the cheapest (US$95 inc tax for 1 night - the cheapest of all our hotels). It's very comfortable and clean and actually very quiet at night considering it's just off a main road. Parking was very easy and also free. Oh yes, and the manager Sol was very helpful and gave us all the info we needed.
If you can you should try and stay in SLO on a Thursday night when the farmer's market is on and you can gouge on as much BBQ pork, ribs and beef as you can! It's a fun night to be out.
For the $$ you really can't go wrong here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Rooms Brand New. Located 3 blocks to Historic Downtown San Luis Obispo. Walk to restaurants, shopping, movie theater, bars & nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge San Luis Obispo Downtown Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Travel Lodge San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Travel Lodge
- San Luis Obispo Travelodge