“Average Hotel nothing great but clean.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo

Save Saved
You added Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo to your Saves list
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   345 Marsh Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 (Formerly Travelodge San Luis Obispo Downtown)   |
Ranked #22 of 31 hotels in San Luis Obispo

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Santa Barbara, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This room was over 100everything dollars for a queen non smoking. What we got was extremely under par. It was like 90 here but there was no a/c at all. They brought another fan in here but it didn't do any justice. Motel 6 even has air conditioning for half the price. The mattress feels like plastic or a big diaper that you are laying on. Felt like I was in a dorm shower when in the the bathroom and sink was super small.

• Stayed October 2012
Worthington, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have read several reviews of this hotel and want to say that it is very evident that the help and the management are all very good. I stayed here and my room was clean and comfortable. This hotel is not new and is very well kept. It drives me nuts when people stay in a lower priced hotel and then write reviews like they wanted the Ritz Carlton. For the price you can not beat it and the location is awesome. I looked at 4 hotels before this and none was as good of a deal as this was. I met he manager and he went way above and beyond the call of duty to make my stay there very comfortable. I plan on staying there again next week and I feel you should always look at rooms you rent and if you are not satisfied let them know before not after. If they do not have a chance to make things right that is not fair. Great help there and worth a second look.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for Cal Poly Homecoming the past 5 years. It's usually clean and it's a great location. NEVER AGAIN! My husband arrived first to find out that the hotel room we had booked online was dirty, dingy and had a ripped comforter. When he asked for a different room, they told him that they could give him a King room for $10 a night (charged him $40 for 3 nights). I was upset by the fact that they did not just upgrade him for free because the first room was so horrible, but let the issue go. After one night, I noticed a few bug bites on my arms... After three nights stay, I have over 40 bites on my hands, arms and torso. My husband had less bites, but still bad. When we looked under the bed, there was a empty flea/bed bug conister sitting on a flithy floor. We told the girl at the front desk and she didn't seem alarmed at all. I don't know if they were fleas or bed bugs, but we tried really hard to make sure that we didn't bring them home with us. We'll see, but I will never stay at that Travelodge again and possibly no other Travelodge in the future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Central Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as it was the closest motel to a wedding we were attending and wanted to be able to walk. Check in was a breeze and our room was ready at 1 when we got there so we were able to check in. The smell upon entry hits you right away. Upon inspecting the room with my disinfecting wipes we found a burn (looked like a cigarette) on top of the very small box tv. The 2 chairs in the room had very obvious stains on them, the rooms, bed, shower are very small. There's quite a bit of black stuff in the grout in the shower and the soap dish was gross caked in old soap scum. We had to use most of our towels on the floor because the shower curtain didn't contain the water. Pillows were hard (thankfully i had my own) and I woke up with a sore back from the bed. I suppose it was reasonably priced for the location but not the accommodations. Probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo

Travelodge San Luis Obispo Downtown Hotel San Luis Obispo
Travelodge San Luis Obispo Downtown Hotel
Travelodge San Luis Obispo
Travel Lodge San Luis Obispo
San Luis Obispo Travel Lodge
San Luis Obispo Travelodge
Address: 345 Marsh Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 (Formerly Travelodge San Luis Obispo Downtown)
Location: United States > California > San Luis Obispo County > San Luis Obispo
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #22 of 31 hotels in San Luis Obispo
Hotel Class:2 star — Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo 2*
All Rooms Brand New. Located 3 blocks to Historic Downtown San Luis Obispo. Walk to restaurants, shopping, movie theater, bars & nightlife. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.