“Stay if you must” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   950 Olive Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Bakersfield, California
“Stay if you must”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This place is so run down and in need of a total makeover. I was stuck and needed a place for the night. If I was traveling alone I would have slept in my car over this place. The first room was a smoker haven and the odor was horrible. i was moved and the next room was so old looking and was patched together poorly. Not recommend to stay here especially if you are with your family.

Room Tip: someplace else.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Frankfurt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed there on a Saturday to Sunday night. It was the cheapest option in town ($129 incl. tax) but the value for money was bad.
The room was quite large but worn. The bathroom was even larger, but in even more need of maintenance. Both were clean - so no complain about that.
In the middle of the night, I fight broke out right outside of our room. It lasted for a good 45 minutes and the guy from the front desk did not manage to stop it. No physical fighting, just a lot of jelling. This was characteristic for the clientel who stays there.
Conclusion: Avoid, if possible. Otherwise don't expect much.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Do not stay here. Bathroom window would not lock, neither would the front door. Dirty everywhere, carpet ripped and stains everywhere. Front desk person not friendly at all. Would have forfeited our money and went somewhere else but it was late. Did not feel safe and felt like we needed another shower after we left.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Yucca Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

5/12/11 - I never checked in and didn't stay 5 minutes but manager Jay still charged me 50% of my 3 day booking. When I walked into the lobby there was an offensive odor that smelled like ur ine. Upon inspection of the room I saw yellow stains running down bathroom wall near toilet, no paint on moldy window sill and in shower and bedspread was extremely faded with a large yellow stain. Jay's explanation of odor was that it was from the continental breakfast, though it was 3:30PM, and it was always present such as in the billboard that advertises to... "wake up and smell the coffee".

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Pulled in after a long days driving from San Francisco, just looking for a reasonably priced motel to get a good nights sleep. The rate including tax came to $57 and you really get what you pay for! Dirty room, safety lock on door busted off, dirty sheets, lumpy bed, terrible TV reception and painfully bad breakfast. I feared for my safety while staying here and as a result did not sleep well - wish i had kept on driving!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Abvi805, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you for your comments we appreciate your feedback. Your feedback gives us an opportunity to evaluate our facilities and make changes where necessary. Our goal is to provide the best possible accomodations at the most reasonable rates.
Corona, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

My company placed us in this pit while doing some work there. The first night I arrived I pulled back the sheets to find stains and small black hairs on the sheets and pillows. There was molding coffee grounds in the coffee maker, food left in the refrigerator and mold in shower. The best part of the stay was after going to a doctor due to a horrible rash that turned out to be BED BUG bites. We immediately checked out. The staff of course denied that they could have bed bugs but were kind enough to offer a different room. I don't think there is anyone I hate enough to recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for feedback we appreciate your taking the time to give us your comments. We apologize for the conditions that you found when you checked into our property. We continue to train our staff to recognize these problems and to correct them so these conditions are not repeated in the future.
San Luis Obispo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was looking forward to a good night sleep after traveling for 19 hours. Once I entered the room it did not have a fresh smell. I was tired so I overlooked it. I could hardly sleep. I felt something crawling on my arm and when I turned on the light there were ants crawling all over the bed. I got out of there as soon as I could.

A
NJ

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We apologize for the conditions that you encountered while staying at our Inn. We have addressed the issues which you have pointed out and continue to train our staff to recognize the problems you have described.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!