Having a gimpy knee, it was wonderful to find that there was an elevator to get to the third floor. Odd layout of the place, tho...the hallways that were Inside opened directly onto the Outside...no doors at the ends of the halls, just step right out to the outside balcony. Carpeting went right up to the outside balcony where the cement started for the walkway to the outside rooms...no door! I guess the weather is never that bad there. We were upgraded upon a somewhat late arrival, from a standard room to a larger deluxe one. We wondered what made it "deluxe," however. Only one of the amenities, the microwave OR the refrigerator, could be plugged in at one time. So, filled the fridge, unplugged it when we used the microwave, then plugged the fridge back in. Odd! And beware the toilet...it flushes like toilets in jet planes, with a MIGHTY Wooosh that tends to wake the dead in the middle of the night and scare your socks off the first time you use it. Most disconcerting if you tend to flush while still sitting on the pot. There were plenty of wall sockets to plug miscellaneous electronics in to charge, which was nice. The coffeepot had a little problem: the basket in which the coffee was to be placed fell off the machine so had to be held in place while using it. Odd! The room was stuffy, but no matter how far down we turned the air (or up...never sure about that), it never seemed to get any cooler in the room. It was clean, however, and that was wonderful. There was a nice breakfast, scrambled eggs (from a carton, I'm sure), tasty sausages, fruit, yogurt, cereals, waffle-maker, pastries...the full gamut. The stuffed chair sort of swallows the one seated in it and you almost sit on the floor. Since I'm no spring chicken, I had to sit on a folded over bed pillow to be able to use it. Sort of like getting into a little sports car where your bum is almost on the ground. The TV was nice, the refrig worked quite well. All in all, I'd stay there again when we return to SLO.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Lamplighter Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Comfort Inn And Suites Lamplighter
- Comfort Inn Lamplighter
- Comfort Inn San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Comfort Inn