We travelled around California from 29th March-13th April 2013. We stayed in many hotels during this trip and this one was THE BEST place I stayed in. The hotel is well located and you can walk into town easily. I stayed in a room with a living area and two double queen beds. The room had two large tv's and was both spacious and cozy.
The staff were obviously happy to be working there and always had genuine smiles on their faces. We were greeted by Wes when we arrived. We told him that we loved Carmel and he replied "I can guarantee you will like this place better" and he was right. He didn't mechanically check us in, he chatted, offered information and advice about the area and suggested where we ate that night. We actually bumped into him and his girlfriend in town when he was off duty and he was still happy to chat and help us out with things to do. He told our kids to go see him at 7pm and he would make sure they got a cookie. They plagued him from 6.30 and he was so chilled and relaxed with them even though they must have been annoying!
This hotel is also by far the most generous. They offer free beer, wine, pretzels and crisps (chips) every evening. WiFi is also free and you can use the computers in the lobby for free. We were half an hour late for breakfast on the first morning and the chef happily cooked breakfast to order - shouting options through the hatch - he was great!
The pool and jacuizzi area is relaxed and there are several little seating areas dotted about the place. On the whole it has a really chilled air about the place and it is all really well appointed.
My son left his precious phone in the room and we called lost and found. Can you believe that someone was actually willing to drop the phone to us 100km away as they were visiting family past where we were then staying. We couldn't impose in this way so the hotel ensured that the phone was sent on - it arrived well packaged and quickly.
I honestly cannot fault this place and would recommend it wholeheartedly. We stayed in some places where they charge so much more for so much less. We ended up extending our stay here. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring complimentary breakfast, complimentary beer & wine tasting reception, and a downtown San Luis Obispo location, The Quality Suites San Luis Obispo awaits you with a combination of beautifully appointed suites and an array of area activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Quality Suites San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Quality Inn San Luis Obispo
- Quality San Luis Obispo