“Great location - noisy a/c” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Napa, CA
“Great location - noisy a/c”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We are long time Marriott time share owners and card holders and try to always stay at Marriott properties. Service here are great as usual and suited our needs. Pool was perfect. However the air conditioning needs major overhaul. Very noisy and kept turning off an on with loud bangs akl night.

Room Tip: Facing the back
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Treyana_Beals, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Sitaananth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities. I apologize about the air conditioning unit issues and those have been resolved. We hope that you will choose The Courtyard for future stays. If you have any further concerns or would like to speak to me directly, please don’t hesitate to give me a call.

Treyana Beals
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Modena, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I arrived by car and there is ample free parking around the hotel.

My room on the 3rd floor was sufficiently comfortable with sofa and view over the pool.
The room was quiet and the bed comfortable.

There was a microwave oven and an empty refrigerator; one can buy frozen and minibar style items at the market attached to reception.

There was no safe, as usual in this hotel category.

There was a 32" TV.

The bathroom had a fixed shower in the tub with curtain.

The in-room air conditioner was powerful and noisy; fortunately I did not require it.

The restaurant menu was varied and the food was good; another plus for this category is the availability of room service.

Breakfast in the restaurant was fair.

Internet was free and speed was acceptable.

All staff were very friendly and prompt in satisfying requests and solving problems.

All in all, I would consider this hotel a "3 star plus", or maybe more if you use the pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Remi_Bordelon, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Alberto P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and its many amenities! Next time you are visiting San Luis Obispo please stay with us again. We also have guest safety deposit boxes at the front desk for your convenience. We hope to see you soon!

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I pre-paid using Priceline but the hotel charged the full stay on the credit card I gave them for incidentals. Once I realized this, I called and spoke with the front desk manager who told me she would issue a credit to my account, but a month later, my credit card bill is due and still no credit issued. So I've had to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

The hotel was perfectly nice but definitely not nice enough to pay for it twice!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Remi_Bordelon, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Amy,

I agree that this is a very nice hotel but not for double the charge. I am so sorry for the billing issue you experienced. I would be happy to resolve this issue for you and correct the mistaken charge. Please contact me directly with your billing information and I will contact Priceline myself to resolve this issue immediately. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were only in San Luis Obispo for one night but found our room to be very comfortable, clean and more spacious than we expected. Front desk helpful in their restaurant recommendations & directions. Convenient to downtown. Would definitely come back.

Stayed July 2014
Remi_Bordelon, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Srbohrer,

I am pleased to hear the Front Desk was friendly and accommodating to your needs. We take great pride in delivering excellent customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. I am also glad to hear you will return to the Courtyard by Marriott next time you are in San Luis Obispo. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable beds, large rooms , awesome bathrooms great pool area. Very impressed. Friendly staff , very accommodating and informative. Really nice. Would definitely recommend it to all travellers whether business or families.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear HeatherB1154943,

You are correct that our hotel caters to both business travelers as well as families. With our many amenities and great views of the hillside and courtyard anyone and everyone enjoys their stay. Like you said, our service is friendly and accommodating and guest needs are our top priority. I am so glad you enjoyed staying with us. Next time you find yourself in San Luis Obispo we would love to serve you again!

los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This Courtyard is very conveniently located near downtown and Cal Poly (4 miles from college) and its price is much more reasonable than the Madonna Inn! We had two large and comfortable beds, free wifi and all the amenities of a clean nice hotel. The hotel provides maps and directions to go to Cal Poly and they seem very organized. Breakfast is extra but we really wanted to go to the Madonna Inn Copper cafe that has fantastic food and great views, and were not disappointed. The hotel was a little tricky to find at night, as it is on a side road parallel to the main highway, but if you turn immediately left after crossing the bridge (coming from L.A.), you will go back to L.A.! You need to turn in the SECOND left after the bridge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Remi_Bordelon, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Pourpre,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience of staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in San Luis Obispo! We do have many amenities to offer and I’m glad you were able to enjoy them. Like you said, we are conveniently near shopping centers and dining options and only about ten minutes away from Cal Poly College. I hope you and your family will visit us again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've stayed here every six months for the last three years. The hotel is a little more upscale than a traditional Courtyard. it has it own restaurant that offer breakfast, lunch and dinner as opposed to the current Bistro Cafe model in most Courtyards. The morning buffet has a good hot and cold selection. the food is solid all the way around and not over priced.
The lobby is spacious and sports a nice full bar with local wines.
The gym is small but has the right equipment. Free weights, a bench, bike, elliptical, and treadmill. Towels are provided in the gym.
The location is just off 101, so easy travels to Cal Poly, downtown SLO or Avilla and Pismon Beaches.
I travel each week and typically stay in Marriott's. This is a cut above the typical courtyards, but smaller than a full sized JW.
No regrets.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel. Nice view of the mountain ridge.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear hannamac,

I am so pleased to know we are your go to hotel that you consider a cut above the rest! I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant. We are scheduled for renovations at the end of the year presenting the Courtyard Bistro, but until then we are happily serving full service breakfast and dinner daily. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us. We look forward to your return again soon!