“Fine Hotel...for a night!” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bakersfield, California
“Fine Hotel...for a night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed a couple of times here on a Friday night to go into downtown and enjoy the nightlife in SLO. The front desk is very helpful and the rooms are fairly quiet. They are large and clean. They have a full bar in the lobby and serve breakfast (not included with room). The breakfast didn't look wonderful and with the Apple Farm right up the way, didn't try ti.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Remi_Bordelon, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear KimDevers:
I am so glad that you chose our hotel to stay with while you visited San Luis Obispo and enjoyed your visits with us. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and the service of our staff. It is wonderful to have our travelers recognize our efforts! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay and we hope to see you again!

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way driving down the coast, so just stayed one night. The accommodations were more than sufficient: clean comfortable rooms, free wi-fi, warm heated pool, great staff helped to check us in.

My only complaint about this location was the breakfast. For $11.00 for breakfast, I wish it was tastier. The coffee was cold and bitter (even after I asked for a new cup full), the eggs tasted like sawdust. I wish I had driven into town and had breakfast instead.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear KtLadyBug:
Thank you for your mentions of our helpful staff and clean rooms. I am sorry your breakfast was not as enjoyable. Our heated pool and free wifi makes our guests' stays all that more enjoyable and I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with us. I am so glad to hear our staff was helpful at check-in and will relay the message on to them as I am sure they will appreciate hearing your positive comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I hope you return to our property again soon!

Warmest Regards,
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed one night on our way to LA. The rooms were clean . my complaint is that the bath tub did not drain after my husband took a shower. I called the front desk and told them that I was unable to take a shower because the bath tub was backed up. the front desk clerk said she was sorry and that was it. She did not offer to send someone up to fix it or show that she cared that a guest was not happy. A hotel should include a shower. The staff needs some customer service training . Poor management and lack of customer service

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ann S:
I regret to hear you experienced difficulties with your room and the response from the front desk staff. It is our top priority to satisfy our guests and their needs. I am so sorry by the reaction you encountered when reporting your concern. I will definitely bring this to the attention of our staff to make sure this does not happen again. Your feedback is important to us and I can't thank you enough for sharing your experience with us as it allows us to see were we need improvement. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay!

Warm Regards,
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

For visiting Cal Poly SLO University, this Marriott property is the only nearby property in town and they know it. I wish we had more Marriott choice in the immediate area. We are always warmly welcomed when we arrive--often late at night--and this trip was no different. The housekeeping staff and front desk folks are always pleasant, welcoming and warm. The price-to-value for this Courtyard is poor, however, most times of the year. However, for a family visiting the University, their suite rooms are very worthwhile with a private bedroom and a private living area that has a sofa bed (they'll bring in a rollaway) as wells as sink/fridge/microwave part of the room.

Room Tip: Very Close By to Cal Poly SLO University
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here as a one night getaway. Had lunch on our way into town and then checked in about 430 pm. Beautiful exterior, room is spacious with a micro and mini fridge. Restroom was a decent size as well. Our room 120 had a sliding door for full / quick access to the jacuzzi / pool area which i loved. Nice view of the mountains behind us. Quiet room. Room was so comfortable we never left for dinner or drinks like we planned, we stayed in and got some much needed rest. I would defnitely come back, worth staying here and driving to the beach than to stay so close to the beach. Superior Quality is always important when choosing our hotel.

Room Tip: First floor was great, access to the pool from our sliding door.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had to spend 2 nights away from home so we chose this hotel. All of the staff from check in to room service, was very friendly, wonderful to deal with and really involved in caring for us during our stay! The room was quite nice and very quiet. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because you have to buy an expensive breakfast. Most hotels now have a free breakfast of some type to start the day.

Room Tip: We chose a room at the back of the hotel - be aware though that Los Osos Valley is a wind tunnel so...
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We checked in late (after 11:00pm) and although the front desk staff was friendly, they were not very professional. We were on the second floor and the people above us partied until 3:30am. Didn't sleep well. The Marriott apparently provided an unadvertised buffet breakfast that we noticed when we checked out, but after not sleeping well, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I'm thankful we were able to get what seemed like the last room in SLO for that weekend. Now I know why. Try Margie's Diner for breakfast next door. My daughter and I liked it, my husband, not so much.

Room Tip: Request a top floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo? Share your experiences!