“Great stay - Comfortable, Quiet, and Spacious” 5 of 5 stars

San Luis Creek Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1941 Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Atlanta, GA
“Great stay - Comfortable, Quiet, and Spacious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The accommodations were well kept, clean, and very comfortable. In addition the room was spacious (compared to other hotels/motels) and quiet. The front and breakfast staff were very helpful. Nice breakfast with choice of scrambled eggs or waffles. Coffee (or tea) is available in your room. We would come back again.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room to avoid stairs if you have heavy suitcases.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for your review. I hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. We are always happy to help with any information you may need for a future visit so please feel free to call with any questions you may have.

Thanks again,

June

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We've stayed in a number of U.S. hotels over recent weeks and the San Luis Creek Lodge is, without doubt and by some considerable distance, the best. From the moment we checked in it was obvious that this is a hotel run by people who really know their business. The rooms are spacious, elegant and very well furnished including the largest, most comfortable sleigh bed I think we've ever slept in. The shower room facilities are excellent and the breakfast second to none, with a wide choice of cereals, dried and fresh fruit, numerous breads, a very good cooked option and copious amounts of fresh juice and hot coffee. The staff are, without exception, pleasant, capable and seemingly dedicated to the well being of their guests and you really could not ask for more. It's been suggested that the people of San Luis Obispo are the happiest in the U.S. After a night at the San Luis Creek Lodge I felt more than ready to join them. This is an example of how a hotel should be, a rare combination of class, quality and value. Certainly our favourite hotel in the U.S. and possibly anywhere. In short...simply the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Well, all I can say is thank you so much. We work very hard to provide as good a service as we possibly can here. Reviews like yours make us all very happy indeed!

Thank you so very much!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Although I went to graduate school in San Luis, I'd never stayed in a hotel there. This place was perfect - walking distance to downtown, but not one of the hundred run-of-the-mill motels. The room was well-appointed, and the shower fantastic! My only little complaint is that the bedding should have been nicer for a hotel of of this calibre. I didn't expect cheap pillows and cotton blend sheets. The staff were very warm and welcoming, and breakfast included everything you might want. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The ground floor Plantation room was almost like sleeping in a treehouse - the oaks are beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write your comments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate it very much. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. San Luis Obispo has a lot to offer our visitors.

I have to agree with you. We are not a run of the mill establishment and I think a lot of our guests really like that. I hope the rest of your trip went very well and thanks again for your review.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We enjoyed our room at the San Luis Creek Lodge - beautifully furnished with a very comfy bed and spacious bath with a window. One complaint was the steep, narrow driveway with no turn around at the bottom - we had to back out of it in the dark with parked cars on one side and a stone wall on the other. The breakfast was lovely, but the room tiny for all the guests. You could take breakfast to your room, but there were no containers for the food - you get a tray for the dishes, which you then have to carry down that driveway! Other than the driveway/parking issues, it was a very charming hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for writing this review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy you found your room so comfortable and attractive. In our busy season our parking lot can be pretty crowded and I really appreciate your comment about carrying trays down the driveway. We will now be providing 'to go boxes' for guests to fill and carry to their rooms as an alternative to putting plates of food on trays. So thank you for your constructive comment, it helps us to have your suggestions!

We hope you come back to see us again, and in the meantime....have a great Summer!

Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was hesitant at first to book because I am a big pool person and so is my family, however, we only had one night and would be getting in from a long drive down Hwy 1. When we arrived, the moment you pull into the parking lot, you get a small quaint feeling, which was nice. The gentleman who checked us in, was very helpful. He gave me recommendations of places to eat, gave us free popcorn for our movie evening in the room (my wife loves popcorn!), allowed me to choose a few movies to watch in the room for free ( I found 3 movies quickly I had never seen, that's hard to do) and we headed off to the room. When we walked in, to be honest I was some what blown away with how cool it looked. I had seen some pictures online, but compared to a normal hotel room, this is luxury. Beautiful decor, bed, bathroom, had a stone fireplace, etc. We couldn't have been much happier. The bed was VERY comfortable and large. The next morning, we went for the free breakfast and instead of the mass made semi-cold waffles, etc, they asked if you would like pancakes or waffles and if you would like eggs with it. They then cook it for you so it's hot and fresh. They also had fruit and many other things. As we were getting ready to leave, all we could think about, like other reviewers have said, was that we wished we could stay a few more nights. It was that good! I highly recommend the San Luis Creek Lodge and I made sure to tell them the next morning how happy we were before leaving. There is a reason why they are the #1 hotel in San Luis Obispo.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Londonberry I believe. We loved it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay so much. We do try to add some little touches, like the updated dvd collection, to add to your experience. Our freshly prepared hot breakfast items are always a winner! We hope we have an opportunity to see you again. We are fortunate to be situated in a wonderful area with lots to offer our guests and we are always happy to assist you when planning your activities.

Have a great summer, and many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I found this Inn on TripAdvisor. I'm a travel agent and our family, as a result, is very picky about our lodging. The San Luis Creek Lodge was FABULOUS!!!!! The room was appointed with great décor, taste and comfort. The showers are amazing! We did not want to leave and were regretting only having one night at this location. The manager is top notch! We spoke with her at breakfast, which is very yummy, and she went so far as to make up a breakfast tray for my daughter, since she was still getting ready to come to breakfast. The décor in the breakfast area was so well done - just the whole atmosphere was very welcoming!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the lower floor, quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to write these wonderful comments about our hotel. It is much appreciated! We try to make our guests as comfortable and welcome as possible and we are very happy that you and your family had such a good stay with us. We hope we get the chance to see you again in the future.

Have a great summer and thanks again.

Morro Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My fiancé & I stayed Windsor Suite which was very spacious! Everything was great starting with the check in. We arrived before check in time but the lovely front desk girl Alexis informed us that our room was ready and that we could check in early. We are local and wanted to get out of town but still stay close to home so this was perfect. My fiancé and I we're celebrating our 3rd anniversary together and we asked Alexis for dinner recommendations and she recommended Novo which was excellent! We can't thank you enough! After we came back from dinner we enjoyed the amenities in the room: fireplace, jet tub and curled up and watched tv on the flat screen which was quite big. The details in the room were spot on, it felt like we were in another country. We will definitely be back because of the great hospitality and accommodations!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
June M, Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It means so much when guests appreciate the service we offer. I am so happy you chose to spend a special celebration here with us and look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

Thank you again and have a great Summer!

June

Been to San Luis Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!