“Romantic and satisfying” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Los Angeles, California
“Romantic and satisfying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We wanted wine and bread and seafood, so all roads (research) led us here for a nice Saturday night dinner. Called a only couple of hours in advance and was able to score a reservation slot in main dining room. Saw in a review that they allow outside wine with no corkage or minimal I can't remember. Regardless, there is a great wine shop around the corner so that was our first stop!
Everything was extremely pleasant - the food, service, presentation... Will definitely be back. Doesn't seem to be many comparable places in the SLO area.

Visited July 2013

Washington DC
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We came on a very busy and somewhat noisy night (Father's Day and local graduation ceremony that weekend), but we were quickly accommodated by a very friendly host/manager/owner(?) who seated us in a nice spot. My wife ordered the Alaskan King Crab legs which she knows very well. She said they were very well done. I had the swordfish which was fresh and a prime center cut. The calamari was, simply put, the best we've ever had. We went to a number of restaurants while on vacation and it seems good food is not hard to find in California. Ciopinot was near the top of a number of great restaurants we dined at and we would return in a heartbeat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Hills
“Excellent - again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My two colleagues and I have had dinner at Ciopinot at least a half dozen times over a five-year span. Our server, I believe her name was Anne, was spot-on every step of the way. I ordered a Chopin vodka martini up with olives. Kudos to the bar tender for getting it just right. We also brought in three bottles of expensive wine (no corkage fees that night). The clam chowder was very good and my seafood pasta entrée was superb. Even the bus boy was very sharp. My colleagues and I had a great time - again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Luis Obispo, California
“Best in SLO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Ciopinot continues to deliver superb food and excellent service. Always a great dining experience. I just got home from another wonderful evening. Prices are a bit on the higher end, but worth every penny and I savor my occasional dining experiences here. My son, an airplane pilot, has twice landed in SLO very close to closing time and Ciopinot's has graciously kept their doors open. I have eaten here with family, friends and even treated my staff to dinner. Thanks!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Luis Obispo, California
“Great seafood, no corkage fee!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ciopinot has been very busy every time I've gone, I recommend making a reservation. Delicious seafood selection on the menu, I've been very happy with everything I've ordered there, and the service was excellent. One visit, we had to wait for a table even though we had a reservation and the manager made up for it with complimentary appetizers for our table. Entrees are pretty pricey, but the entree expense is offset by the fact that there is no corkage fee (on the first 2-3 bottles I believe). So you'd pay the same as somewhere where entrees are less but you're purchasing wine off the wine list. I heard a rumor that the limit on the bottles for no corkage is waived if all wine is local - I have no idea if this is true or not. One time our table only brought 2 bottles with us and we paid no corkage, and the other time I dined here we purchased wine by the glass, so I've never had an instance there where I went over the no corkage bottle limit. I'd recommend calling and asking about their rules if you're planning on bringing a big group with several bottles.

• Visited February 2014