“YUM YUM YUM!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Seattle, Washington
“YUM YUM YUM!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Ciopinot is the second restaurant the owner has opened in the area. It is FABULOUS!

Aside from having great ambience and beautiful interior architecture, the place specializes in (can you guess?) Pinot Noir and seafood. The list of Pinots is endless! There is one for every taste and budget. And they offer many by the glass.

We ordered the Cioppino with crab. WOW! No shells to deal with, and it is the best I've ever had. The seafood was plentiful, the broth is so good it could definitely stand alone as a soup, and everything was perfectly cooked and seasoned. It arrived at the table steaming hot, and delicious!

Our other entry was a fish special...a Sea Bass that was phenomenal as well! It was somehow crispy on the outside, and perfectly cooked (moist, not overdone...just perfect!) and had a sweet/sour sauce. Really, really good!

Our server told us the blueberry cobbler was not to be missed, but we were so full, we had to come back the next night. She was right! It was incredible! The best cobble either of us has ever had! A nice cinnamon note, lots of berries, and a great ice cream beside.

Cannot wait to get back to Ciopinot. What an impressive meal. And very moderately priced to boot!!

Visited November 2012

San Diego, California
“Second trip not so hot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I wrote a review last visit stating that it was the best in SLO. What a disappointment last month, on a Tuesday night. My son had the seafood appetizer again and hardly ate it. Overly salty and to much smoke flavor. I had an Alfredo seafood dish that was salty and too thick. It was a bit disgusting actually. I cook well and this dish was not complicated yet disappointed. The specials were the same as the last time we came. So, not as high on my list anymore. Consistency is tough to find in SLO at the top end

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“This is not a Mexican restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I am sure this is a fine restaurant, but should not come up under "Mexican/Southwestern", as it is neither.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SAN LUIS OBISPO
“Eat here often”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

It is great that a good restaurant finally went in to this convenient and attractive spot. We like the patio best, even on a cool night the covering and heat lamps keep it nice. Even though I am not a big fish fan, I always find something great on the menu. They serve some of the better salads in town.

Visited September 2012
Monrovia, California
“Did not measure up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After several wineries recommended this place, my husband and I tried it for dinner. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and the service attentive, but the food was mediocre. Many dishes were deep fried and for a seafood restaurant, the menu was lacking in fresh fish options that were grilled. My sea bass was a disappointment. My husband's Italian Ciopinot was better but nothing spectacular. The stuffed prawns the hostess recommended were deep fried and dry and
$16 fior 4 small pieces. There is no wine corkage which is great but I would prefer to pay a corkage and get a better quality meal. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere