“Incredible food!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Arcadia, California
“Incredible food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

One of the best salmon fillets ever! The wasabi sauce was great and it was cooked to perfection! My husband's no work ciopinno was great although it was missing mussels.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atascadero, California
“I don't even like fish much!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Ciopinot has awesome food, setting and service! And, as a local with so many great wines to choose from, we liked that there was no fee to bring our own wine!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best food of my week in California”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Best meal of my whole trip! I had the classic cippino- as well as a few bites of the lobster- & while the lobster very good, the cippino was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I’ve never had cippino before so I can’t compare it to anything but WOW. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. Service was perfect -- unassuming and friendly, & they helped us celebrate a special occasion.

Visited August 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Excellent service, great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went here on our first night of our week-long CA vacation, wanting to start off with something special. We were not disappointed. I was able to get a reservation for that night, and they asked if it was a special occasion, which it was: we were celebrating hubby's 50th birthday. The atmosphere was very nice, elegant without being stuffy. People were wearing everything from jeans to nice dresses. We brought in our own wine (the Cal-Poly Chardonnay) based on the "no corkage fee".

Our waitress was FANTASTIC - I am very sorry I don't remember her name. She brought us excellent bread with whipped butter, and promptly and cheerfully poured our wine for us while we looked over the menu. Everything sounded wonderful, so she helped us with our choices. I had the Greek calamari and scallops with garlic mashed potatoes, and hubby had the special Chilean Sea Bass with rice pilaf. Both were perfectly cooked and seasoned, and came with fresh asparagus (my favorite!)

Our waitress asked us what we had planned while we are visiting, and then came back with coupons for free wine tastings and a pass for 2 to the Hearst Castle for us. She then capped off our meal with a complimentary Creme Brulee in honor of hubby's birthday. (his favorite!)

Service was very prompt, without ever making us feel rushed. Although the prices were nigh (entrees averaged about $30), it was a fairly good value given the excellent food and service, the fact that we brought our own wine, and the complementary dessert.

Visited September 2012
“Are you kidding?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

What is good. The ambiance is warm, elegant but not snobby.
The food. Raw Oysters, too warm, did not feel crispy. They need to be served on a bed of crush ice with plenty of lemon. Well, i am getting carried away....
I read the menu, scanned the plates, listened to the specials. When any sauce has more than three special ingredients i start getting an intellectual headache (too many sauces with too many ingredients), when the special is a fish with cream and strawberries I get worried and decide to opt for a classic. I pick the $ 44 dollar signature dish, the italian reserve cioppino with pasta (my mistake) and crab.
The cioppino is blah, lots of pasta to make up for a broth that should have been a lot more dense and inspiring at that price tag. I value that dish at no more than $ 20.
I am sorry to report that nothing I, my wife or our friend ate was more than passable. The mixed seafood plate included fried calamari that were soggy and sad. The rice was cafeteria. The mash potatoes came cold.
I tried the creme brulee that came too thick and cold.
The service was ok, missed a couple of things, the waiter sounded like a recital, but I usually don't really care about these things. However, that watery cioppino with too much pasta at 44 dollars is almost a sin. Too bad.