“Great except for the breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Peach Tree Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2001 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great except for the breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have stayed in this motel several times. It is quiet, clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The whole property has a friendly welcoming atmosphere. The bed was comfortable and the room well appointed. The only disappointment was breakfast. There used to be home made breads that you cut yourself which made that fact that toast was the main breakfast seem special. Now, not so much. I did enjoy the fresh strawberries. Otherwise cereal an muffins. It is kind of funny, on the website they show three "chefs" in tall white hats serving breakfast. I'm not sure if they supposedly put the pre-sliced bread in the toaster for you or what. Otherwise, I do like the place.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back. It is quieter and a friendlier atsmophere.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I really don't have anything to add to the review I gave of the Peach Tree Inn from our first stay two years ago.

This motel is very pretty, in a quiet (but close) part of town, basic but homely, clean and safe and very, very good value. And the staff are great.

After two stays now I would still have no hesitation is recommending the Peach Tree Inn to anyone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is an old fashioned motel, no doubt dating back to when Monterrey St. was highway 101. It has, however, been lovingly maintained and upgraded appropriately.
A farmhouse style building and a dozen or so rooms face the street. The 'house' is the office and contains the breakfast area. Behind the house are several more building containing more rooms. At the back of the lot are the "Creekside" rooms. While all the rooms are adequate the creekside rooms have a sitting area and each has a private porch overlooking San Luis Obispo Creek.
Finally there is a grassy area with a huge eucalyptus and a swing, an excellent complementary breakfast, and exceptionally nice people.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Olivia M, Guest Relations Manager at Peach Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for your stay and your review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The peach tree inn is easily accessable to the freeway and was very easy to spot. We were given a room just down the hill from the office (i don't recall the number) You are asked to park your vehicle in front of your room. I tried to meet that request, but the spot was on an incline and I drive a manual transmission. When I asked the front desk attendant if I could park elsewhere or be moved rooms, he suggested I back in!

The room itself was just OK. The paint color was a strident yellow that clashed with the bedspread and the pastel pink bathroom.... but hey, I couldn't see it with my eyes closed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Olivia M, Guest Relations Manager at Peach Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and alert us to a shortfall in our guest service. I have shared your review with my staff and stressed the importance of accommodating every guest to the best of our ability. Regarding the parking space, our hotel is built on a hill and many of the rooms are on a slight slope. I will talk to my staff about allowing guests to be creative with parking when the incline is a problem. Regarding the wall color; we are in the process of repainting all of the rooms to our signature Peach Tree color. I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to our area.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Peach Tree Inn! What the heck happened? We have stayed three times in the past year or so, and the first two times were just great. We were greeted by personnel at the front desk with a hearty welcome, served strawberry lemonade and enjoyed a clean room.

But this last time (June 2014), we were greeted by an indifferent young man who checked us in, and when asked about the strawberry lemonade said, "If I get a free minute, I might make some up." A free minute? There were NO other patrons in the lobby, NO patrons in the kitchen/dining area. I think he was surfing the internet when we arrived, but I can't be sure.

We went back an hour later, still no lemonade. There never was any lemonade. But I guess it still is served on occasion, since we were told it might be available...later.

The room was OK, the location is great - walk to the SLO farmer's market on Thursday night (highly recommended). The breakfast was your standard continental breakfast fare - but I recommend going to the Apple Farm next door for breakfast (probably overpriced, but VERY good).

I guess I shouldn't put so much emphasis on the strawberry lemonade, but coupled with the tremendous attitude of the woman who was our host the first two times we visited, it really made a difference. Without the cheery attitude and fun snack of lemonade, the Peach Tree Inn is just another motel along 101. Sorry, Peach Tree Inn, you just didn't do it for us this time.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back, along the creek. Nice and quiet. Other rooms (near the street) aren't...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Olivia M, Public Relations Manager at Peach Tree Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and alert us to a shortfall in our guest service. I apologize and thank you for your multiple stays with us. I have shared your review with my staff and stressed the importance of a “hearty welcome” for each and every guest. I have also reminded them to always follow through with satisfying a guest request. Regarding the strawberry lemonade, I’m sorry we did not provide it during your stay. We usually provide lemonade every day. And when we can get good fresh strawberries, we add those to the lemonade. I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to our area.
TheCottage
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay here which surpassed our expectations. The price is good value. We had a king room at the back which had a lovely deck overlooking a small creek. The room was very well equipped and the bed very comfortable. There are nice little touches like swings to sit on and enjoy the sun and the pleasant view of the hills. Great accommodation for SLO.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is a small cozy hotel with a relaxing feel to it. The rooms are always clean and there are warm and inviting outdoor seating areas. The breakfast is pretty decent and it's free. The trolley bus stops right out front of the hotel which is convenient. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, the ones out front are a bit small.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Peach Tree Inn? Share your experiences!