“Great value and an owner that cares !!” 4 of 5 stars

Peach Tree Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2001 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Eagle, Idaho
“Great value and an owner that cares !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at the Peachtree on trip adviser ratings , we were not disapointed !!!! Clean room , great views from the courtyard . The breakfast was great !! The first time I had hot sauce on my hard boiled eggs . Thanks again !!!!

Mike & Cindy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

On Monterey Street in SLO there are many choices for accommodation. We were drawn to the Peach Tree Inn because it had a spacious parking lot, attractive appearance, and rooms had parking right in front of the doors. We are SO pleased to have chanced upon this place. Our room was super clean, and seemed to have been freshly painted and refreshed. It had air conditioning and heating. The TV was new, big screen HD. WiFi was reliable. Very comfortable bed. Right outside the room was a bench for sitting in the sun, even a pleasant water fountain alongside. The staff were helpful and polite. Breakfast was in a well appointed common room and included cooked oatmeal, muffins, hardboiled eggs, cereals, toast, and I have to emphasize that the coffee was hot, strong, and delicious. All this for $69. Although the motel looks small at the front, there are more rooms at a lower level. Whoever owns this motel believes in providing good service at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: If you want a room away from the street, ask for a room at the back. If you want to park right in fr...
Ontario Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were on a whirlwind trip of Vegas and California and stayed here because of the recommendation in Fodor's California 2013 and Trip Advisor (it was rated # 2 on Trip Advisor).
I'm sorry, but I don't know how this hotel could be rated # 2.

The staff were lovely, the breakfast was good, the location was good and we had free wifi, but the hotel is old and in need of repair. Especially the bathroom! The sink was significantly cracked in the bowl, I certainly didn't want to drop my toothbrush in there!

The bed was comfy and the location was lovely in the hills, but of all the hotels we stayed at in California, this was the most disappointing.

I'm sure it could be a lovely place with a bit of updating.

Nelson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed for three nights, and enjoyed this motel very much. I will comment only on the creekside rooms - there are not many, but they are larger, more expensive (by $10 for a king, well worth it) and have a much better location. Other rooms looked pretty typical of a motel.

Let me compare it to a La Quinta - we tend to alternate between chains such as that and smaller motels. The room is comparable in quality, perhaps a bit smaller; but it has a quiet refrigerator (no microwave), good quality bathroom, comparable quality furniture. For us, the big bonus was location: far enough from the highway that there is no noise at night (a bit of white noise during the day), and the view from the patio (what La Quinta has that? was of green trees and green hills in the background. The spring air was heavily scent4ed, and the birds were chirping like mad - who cares if it was a bit cool, that's what wool sweaters are for. Finally, the breakfast was much better than I expected - bread, muffins (Costco?), fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, pineapple), good choice of jams and cereals - everything I would get at La Quinta except the waffles. Would have liked some yogurt, but that's just me.

I would stay here again.Any room will do for an overnight, but for a longer stay you really want to be creekside.

Room Tip: Creekside rooms are special, for others you get a reasonably quite location and a good breakfast.
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was just your ordinary motel. Nothing special. The real problem I had was that I was quoted one price and then when my credit card bill came I had been charged $30 more. I called a number of times to get this taken care of and was either told to call back and speak to a manager, or had them take my name and number so a manager could call me back (never happened). When I did finally speak to a manager they told me they would issue me a refund to my card. Still didn't happen. It has been over a month now I have been trying to get this resolved. I can't believe they would go to such lengths to steal $30 from me. I should have just disputed the charge and not paid them anything, but I believed it was a simple mistake and they would take care of it. I was wrong. Don't take the change on being ripped off. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Encinitas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We've been coming to Peachtree for years. It is convienient off the 101, good prices, great staff & excellent breakfast. Peachtree is a former 'Motor Lodge' with the paper towel dispenser still on the wall next to your room. The difference in the Peachtree is it is a larger property with the best rooms down below which have patios out back with refrigerators & microwaves. Definately a unique property and prices reflect which rooms you choose. Breakfast includes fresh fruit, homemade oatmeal, huge muffins, good breads & the usual cereals, etc. all served in a nice breakfast room next to the office. It is a bit far from town, maybe a mile or so, but we love it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed for one night as part of a border to border road trip. We arrived in SLO quite late due to bad weather on the PCH and were tired at check in. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and commiserated that we had missed the Thursday night market. He did recommend a great place for dinner.
The room was a typical motel room, but clean and comfortable. We were only staying one night and had a small room at the front. We were not troubled by noise either from the road or other guests.
Breakfast was a cut above what we had experienced at other motels, and again the staff were very friendly, chatting to us about the area and enjoying my confusion over American Football!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Peach Tree Inn? Share your experiences!