“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 31 hotels in San Luis Obispo
Mesa, Arizona
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I spent a week at this motel, and really enjoyed my stay. I requested a smaller room in front because I didn't need one of the larger rooms in back. I had no problem with street noise as some other reviewers have mentioned. There just isn't that much traffic on that street in this part of town.

The staff was very friendly when I checked in, and every morning in the breakfast area. The motel and the staff create a family-owned atmosphere.

The breakfasts included the basic items, but I thought the food quality was much better than at other motels. Breakfast was served in a very pleasant room with large tables and newspapers on each table. My room was clean, although somewhat small, but again, that was my choice. I was doing business during the day and not living in the room except in the evening. Since the building is only one floor high, no one was stomping on the floor above me, and I could park my car right in front of my door.

This is an excellent place to stay, especially for the rates charged. The next time I am in San Luis (which is once or twice a year), I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If all you want is a clean place to sleep, the smaller rooms in from are fine. Mine had a 40"...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
patriciaweil@me.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I can't believe this is the number 2 hotel in San Luis. Cheap maybe, worth a stay no! Our room on the highway next to a gas station was dreary. Having arrived in the dark we did not know there was more hotel down the hill from the desk and the clerk offered no advice or choice. Breakfast was fine but we did not come to eat.

• Stayed November 2012
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Forgot my jewelry in the room when we checked out and didn't realize it until we were 200 miles away. Called the hotel and found out the next day that the housekeeping staff turned it in! They are shipping it to me - no problem. I love this place!! I chose Peach Tree for the combination of reviews and price. Absolutely delivered. I generally avoid 'affordable' places because I don't want to risk a poor mattress and a lousy night's sleep. However our bed was really good and the place was quiet and the staff was outstanding. As the other reviewers state, this place is not fancy. But it is comfortable, very clean, offers adirondack chairs and swings for relaxing, and includes basic food, We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Creekside rooms have best location
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at the Peach Tree based on the location, price, and Trip Advisor rating. Unfortunately, the Peach Tree did not live up to the reviews. The bed was worn out with deep saggy holes and dips in the mattress. The room should at least have a new bed and flat screen TV for the high price on a Saturday night.

I gave it a three because the staff was friendly and we enjoyed the continental breakfast and coffee on the deck. Two and a half is a more accurate rating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed again at the Peach Tree for a girls weekend and had a blast. Cookies and pretzels were waiting for us. Checked out Raiders of the Last Arc, out of Peach Trees extensive movie collection, and had a lovely night out on the town. Beds are comfy and clean and even able to make our own breakfast, even though it was time for check out. The greatest part about staying at the Peach is you feel home because they genuinely care about your stay. Hope to be back soon!

• Stayed November 2012
Progreso, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Staff could not have been nicer. Guy at desk answered questions, gave directions and was graciousness personified. Continental breakfast was included - very large ripe strawberries were awesome and coffee was drinkable. Rooms small but clean - shower only in our room. If you're looking for something fancy, this isn't it, but quiet, good location and a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
peachtree2001, Manager at Peach Tree Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear our staff met your expectations. If you ever needed a bathtub, let us know, we do have rooms with bathtubs. We will see you next time!
Highland Park, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a very strong, affordable candidate for a family traveling to/through SLO. Room is large and well furnished. The decorating is not my taste but certainly well done. The room rate is competitive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
peachtree2001, Manager at Peach Tree Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are doing our best on updating our decor and furnishings, each room will be, if not already, refurbished. We would love to hear what would make us 5 stars! Thank you again.

Been to Peach Tree Inn? Share your experiences!