“Tuscany in California” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 265 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Santa Rosa
Transit: Across the street from the San Luis Obispo Train Station.
Santa Barbara, California
“Tuscany in California”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This restaurant is the best Italian in San Luis Obispo! The quaint location across from the train depot (after dinner go climb up on one of the train engines on a sidetrack :)) The train station is in a nice part of SLO because there isn't a single "bad" part in this town! You definitely feel tuscany in terms of decor and cuisine. We have eaten there many times and the food is always impeccably prepared and served. It's a medium sized restaurant, so I'd recommend our favorite table for two...in the corner opposite the entrance and a little north, a little quieter. The cool breeze from the open window blends with the aroma of the food. The wine list is good with choices in the $50-$100 range. Enjoy Cafe Roma and beautiful SLO!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oakland, California
“Grab a meal here as you ride Amtrak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Everytime I take Amtrak from LA to the Bay Area, I get a meal from here. I ask the conductor what time we are scheduled to arrive in SLO, then I look up the Caffe Roma website online and place my order and call Marcos, the owner to place my order .

He has a staff member bring my order over as I wait by the train (Amtrak stops there for about 20 minutes). All of fellow train riders are so envious as I chomp on delicious Italian food

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Authentic Italian Food in San Luis Obispo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very nice ambiance when you walk in. Neat and clean wIth Italian warmth and European charm.. Excellent service, the wait staff made us feel very much at home. All food is handmade from scratch and outstanding. Three of us dined and all sampled each others entrees. Their version of minestrone soup had a wonderful flavor and was full of fresh vegetables. Caprese Salad was freshly made and well presented. The ossobuco was perhaps the best ever and the spinich ravioli was fantastic as well. I had a delicious linguini shrimp scampi with asparagus dish. We shared a birthday taramisu and although it was late in the evening the dessert was fresh and full of flavor. Will defenitely come back!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntington Beach, California
“Great meal at Cafe Roma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a very good meal at Cafe Roma. We were greeted and taken to our table immediately as we walked in. The waiter was very attentive but not pushy. We enjoyed the steamed mussels as an appetizer...very good. Everyone in our party enjoyed something different from the menu...the fresh fish, pasta dishes and steak selections and we were all pleased with our choices. Would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arroyo Grande, California
“Good food, nice atmosphere, lackluster service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We ate on the patio out front. The waiter took our order quickly enough, and the food was delivered fairly timely. As with all outdoor dining, there are flies... oh well. The music should have been more on the Italian genre, not the pop stuff that was being played, although the volume was not too loud. The food was very good, if not excellent. The server never one time came back to fill up our drinks... bad. Yes, I'll go back, but I'll be a little more vocal about having my drinks filled up during the meal.

• Visited August 2012