“Good food, nice atmosphere, lackluster service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 255 restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Santa Rosa
Transit: Across the street from the San Luis Obispo Train Station.
Arroyo Grande, California
“Good food, nice atmosphere, lackluster service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We ate on the patio out front. The waiter took our order quickly enough, and the food was delivered fairly timely. As with all outdoor dining, there are flies... oh well. The music should have been more on the Italian genre, not the pop stuff that was being played, although the volume was not too loud. The food was very good, if not excellent. The server never one time came back to fill up our drinks... bad. Yes, I'll go back, but I'll be a little more vocal about having my drinks filled up during the meal.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Los Angeles
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

When we first walked in to Cafe Roma, I expected to see chef Robert Irvine any minute as the decor was that awful. The layout was also awkward (our table was right next to a private dining area that didn't have the drapes drawn and had a large party). I was willing to overlook this, however, if the food was decent. Well, it wasn't. The bread was good, as were the salads. However, the entrees were pretty bad. I ordered the shrimp scampi which consisted of four overcooked and underseasoned shrimp, some vegetables, and some potatoes which were as bland as packing peanuts. My husband ordered the fish special which was incredibly over seasoned. The service was so so--I was served water and my husband not. Will not go back and cannot recommend.

Rancho Mirage, Ca
“OK, but there are better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My sister-in-law raves about Cafe Roma. I don't find much on their menu that I care for, so I order the penne pasta with tomatos. It;s hard to find the tomatos in the meal and the food was very bland. They serve good bread initally and their wines are fine. The service was very good. I prefer to eat at Rosas in Pismo.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Anaheim Hills, California
“Real Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

From the moment you walk in you feel welcomed as a part of the family. A spacious but warm room, with ample patio dining as well. Started with the seafood misto appetizer with calamari, shrimp and a grilled sardine. Excellent. Fresh swordfish, pappardelle with lamb ragu, superb. Great service. We will return often!

Santa Barbara, California
“Amazing meal, great service, next to the Train station”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Perfect calamari appetizer. Had the flatiron steak, from cattle raised at the Hearst Castle property. Our waiter was extremely helpful, including helping to call our taxi. The tiramisu was delicious and the coffee perfect.

Visited July 2012