“Best Down Home Meals” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
morro bay
“Best Down Home Meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I have had both breakfast and lunch at this very casual and funky restaurant, and both are excellent. The servers actually listen to your requests and serve to your liking. The food is fresh and tasty and the portions are more than generous. We always end up taking half our food home for another meal the next day. It is not surprising that they are always busy! The service is wonderful, food is superb, the prices are a good value for what you get. I highly recommend this fun little restaurant for young and old and anyone inbetween!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sunset, Texas
“Pricey for breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went with family members that live in the area.

The food was way over priced for breakfast. The food was okay nothing outstanding, average for breakfast foods.

Very busy place, service was acceptable under how busy they are.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Best Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Best omelet I've had in a long time. I ordered a custom made one and it was loaded with all the goods. It was so large I shared it with my Mom. Yummy. The only downside we had to wait for a table because they were so busy -- but it was worth the wait. Don't miss this place if you are in SLO

Visited July 2013
“Best Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The biscuits n gravy were so yummy! I found this place by accident back in 2010 and really enjoyed it. So I had to come back and bring my husband to try the food. Great food and great value. Homely vibe. I give the staff props for teamwork in such a small work space. And friendly staff as well. We will be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beverly Hills, California
“A local hangout - terrible food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I can see why the locals love this place because one gets a "great deal" with the humongous servings on a plate. But it was gross food. I ordered a crab and shrimp omelet, but they ran out of crab and served it WATERY on the plate! The shrimp was from a can! The omlette that was bigger than my face was soaked in water that I could literally eat it as a soup! I was about to ask the waitress if she was serious....but tried to eat it anyway out of pity. i only ate a tiny bit and tried to scrape some shrimp from inside. The biscuit is huge and piping hot, and it looks great - but tastes like bisquick out of a box. The grunge and the slow servers make this place a WTF experience, not a liberating locals joint I was hoping for. Oh, the parking meters suck too, we had only 40 minutes to get in and out.

• Visited July 2013