“Must see - awesome Farmer's Market!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Shopping
Activities: Shopping, Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: Every Thursday night through out the year, the city hosts a delightful outdoor market/festival where local farmers sell the freshest fruits, vegetables and produce while local musicians and performers entertain the crowds.
Avila Beach, California
20 attraction reviews
“Must see - awesome Farmer's Market!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm in love with this adorable little town and this farmer's market put me over the edge. Local fruits, veggies, hummus, ribs and BBQ, fresh flowers, desserts, face painting, clothing, live music...it has it all! You must come to this if you are around on a Thursday night!

TIPS: Most stands are cash only - a few are starting to accept credit cards. Get there early (before 6) to get a parking spot - it gets crowded! Try the parking garage on Marsh. No doggies allowed :(

Visited March 2013

47 attraction reviews
“One of the best Farmer's Markets around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We travel full-time in our RV & this us one of the better Farmer's Markets in the US. We love all the fabulous food from local establishments, farm fresh veggies/fruits/ etc and local artisans....if in town on a Thursday night, treat yourself, you won't be disappointed!

Valley Village
“Great Food & Plenty of it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Food was great and inexpensive Lots of vendors and again more food! Nice atmosphere! Available all year round

Visited October 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
14 attraction reviews
“Fun grazing and mingling options!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a great time wondering around and sharing different things for a grazing sort of dinner! BBQ seemed to be popular as there were several stands with huge grills (like we only see at our state fair). We split a Calzinni (spelling?) which was similar to a calzone, but cooked on a big grill and filled with chicken and turkey sausage, onions and peppers...wow, that was fun to try! Wood oven pizzas looked good, but the line looked too long so we passed. The tri-tip chili from The Rib Line booth (Man vs Food feature) was surprisingly tender beef (the owner talked to us and said he only uses Angus beef) in a rich chili gravy, no beans...mmmm! We had a great dark chocolate dipped chocolate chip cookie that was hugh. My favorite find was the sheep milk ice cream from Negranti Dairy. I was drawn in by the flavor sign, and intrigued by the fact that I like sheep milk cheeses. Salted Brown Sugar just called to me, but then the farmer gave me a taste of the raw honey ice cream...oh, yum...tough choice! I ordered a scoop of the salted brown sugar and got out my "dairy ease" tablet to take as I'm lactose intolerant. He saw it and asked if I was, then informed me that sheep milk is much lower in lactose...big bonus, plus it's really, really good ice cream! We also enjoyed hearing Marston Smith play his electric cello and bought couple of his CDs. Overall a fun way to spend an evening. The produce looked very nice too, but as we were traveling we didn't buy any.

Visited October 2012
15 attraction reviews
“Mix with the locals and have some regional treats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for dinner based on a winery manager's recommendation. It was packed with locals and students. The food selections were limited --- mostly varieties of BBQ with a line veggie stand and random dessert options. There are a number of veggie cafes for those vegetarians who want more than corn on the cob. Lots of fresh foods but didn't see any crafts etc. nice, cheap dinner option.