“Very Nice....treated us well” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin
“Very Nice....treated us well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were there for the wedding of a granddaughter. The rooms were very nice, super clean and they treated us well. We used a conference room for a family get-together meeting place and had a great time with our family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is more like a 3 and 1/2. When I was choosing a place for us to stay on the way back from a weekend camp, I was looking for a good bed, and a decent breakfast. We appreciated the room, the good customer service, but I was expecting a better breakfast than the one we ended up with. I'm giving it 4 stars for the quality of the room for the type of hotel, but the reason it isn't a 5 is because the breakfast was not what I had hoped it would be. They served these dry anemic mini omelets, which has been sitting in the container for awhile. We had breakfast at about 8:30, so I was hoping it was early enough. I have had much better breakfasts at a residence Inn for $99 per night. This stay cost more and did not fill our breakfast needs all that well. However, we did get a decent night's sleep, something we needed very badly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway as we did. Very glad they could accommodate us.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed two nights in this new Hampton Inn, and am glad I did! Even though the map may not indicate it, this location is very convenient to most everything and real easy access to hwy 101.
All the staff were at the top of their game at meeting guest expectations, and made sure all were made to feel welcome here. No negatives for this inn from me!!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms are closer to the highway and a restaurant parking lot on the back side. Check with the f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We frequently stay in the San Luis Obispo area, and were pleased to see a new hotel property - it is currently approx 6 months old. We stayed 3 nights and as other reviews have mentioned, the rooms were new and clean, plus the staff was very helpful and friendly - and the housekeeping staff kindly left my husband in peace while I was out & about during the day without continually trying to barge in when no housekeeping was required (have had this experience in other local hotels). The rooms are compact but nice, however the side road that leads to the hotel might be a bit confusing to guests unfamiliar with the area - I overhead a couple mention they had missed the side road twice and ended up back on Hwy 101 before figuring it out, so better signage (yeah right, like SLO would allow a sign...) might be helpful. But I have to mention the thing I liked best... the shower floor. Instead of the dodgy rubber mat or ineffective non-slip stickers that so many hotels seem to have, this new Hampton Inn has built-in nubby bits on the tub floor, and they work marvelously. So much so that even my husband commented! And the shower has a sturdy rail too. Trust me, when you're getting older or are disabled, these seemingly small features are wonderful! The bathroom door had a hinge that automatically kept the door closed, which is a good thing, unless you're travelling with wee ones - then a caveat to be aware of little fingers getting caught - because I nipped my own finger by not paying attention, so imagine it might be a bit dangerous if not aware. All-in-all a great new addition to the area with a magnificent view of some of the famous local dormant volcanos - we could see 4 of the "Seven Sisters" from our 4th floor room - lovely! ~SHE

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn as a stop on my way from San Diego to Big Sur. I am glad I did. The front desk staff (Josh) was very nice and found me a great room after a long drive. The rooms are clean, comfortable, great bed, coffee in the room and a great breakfast, which is included. Can't beat the prices for a nice, new hotel room. If you are traveling the pacific highway or just visiting this nice town, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is new. The room was clean with a very comfortable bed..The bathroom was spacious. The location is outside of the San Luis Obispo city proper but easily accessible with the freeway next to hotel. The parking is a little tight with somewhat limited parking in front, there is another lot in back which I can be use for overflow. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check-in and out was done with ease.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have to say, on arriving here our hearts sank a little. The hotel is a little out of the main town and is sandwiched between two very busy roads. It has no outdoor space (you can see a little pool of the motel next door from the window near the elevator when you go up a few floors in this hotel ..) but there you go, nothing is perfect!

If you could pick this hotel up and put it down in the country it would be absolutely amazing. It is a great modern hotel which has been well built and by that I mean we never heard a thing from any of our fellow guests even though the hotel looked to be completely full.

Nice little indoor pool and a well equipped gym which we used. It also has a guest laundry.

Lobby is smart and modern and looks clean and airy. Next to the lobby is the open area where they serve a buffet style breakfast each morning. The breakfasts are great! Lovely porridge (or should that be oatmeal?) with fresh fruit. As much toast as you want and for those wanting something hot, there were scambled eggs and some small turkey sausage type of things one morning and an omelette and burger the next. Unlimited tea and coffee and juice.

The room we had was enormous. It was nice to see some funky carpet and interesting wallpaper! Bed was extremely comfortable. The rooms come with a small kitchen area although not much in it - fridge, sink etc. Bathroom was a good size and very clean. It can get a little noisy from the roads but the air con seemed to cover most of the truck noise up.

There are a couple of places to eat within walking distance but we didn't fancy them so drove down the road both nights which is a bit of a shame as it would have been good to leave the car behind for once but no big deal. As it is close to the major roads, then it is easy to get back to other places within the area for days out.

I don't think you would take a holiday here, but for a couple of nights it was an excellent base and we enjoyed being in a modern well built hotel with good facilities. Good price as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites- San Luis Obispo? Share your experiences!