“Excellent Food But Long Wait and Lacking Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Food But Long Wait and Lacking Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is not a sit down to order place so do not make the mistake we made by taking a menu and sitting down. This is more like an "El Pollo Loco" in a strip mall rather than a restaurant. Fortunately, there was only one family ahead that ordered, and we quickly realized that we had to go to the counter to order. There is one person taking orders and serving food. You have to set your own table: napkins, utensils, etc. You have to ask for water. We saw one person going in and out of the kitchen with an apron. I am sure there must be some others in the back, but we just couldn't figure out why it would take 25 minutes for the food to come out. The only guess is that we were told that the fries would take 20 minutes to cook. There is no on-sight restroom, and one would be to take a key to the end of the strip mall, which is about a city block. The restroom was a bit dirty.

The food took forever to come out. It was about 25 minutes, and the seasoned fries were made upon order, and they were very tasty. The pasta salad was also very tasty. The main event was the barbeque. The tri tip sandwich is very generous and you receive a small side and a drink for the price. The menu can be found at its website. The 1/4 chicken was very big as well. And the barbecue baby back ribs were tender. The beef ribs were not cooked long enough and/or were too gristly.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Grover Beach, California
“Ribline Service is very poor !!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Following three other trips to the RIBLINE, during which we went for dinner we waited an average of 30 minutes for our food, when the restaurant was not very busy. I decided to give it another chance on Friday night and called ahead at 3:30 in the afternoon to place an order for my wife and I that I would pick-up at 5:00 p.m.. When I arrived the counter person was quick to get my money, before telling me that I would have to wait about 10 minutes.

I talked with the manager and told him about the problem with my order and he expedited it so it only took about 6 minutes. I then told him that we stopped coming in to his restaurant before because of the long time it took to get our food and after this experience
we would not be coming back. He proceeded to tell me that "the food was worth the wait" and that he hoped I would not come back again.

I assured him that I have NO INTENTION OF GOING TO THIS RESTAURANT AGAIN AND THAT I WOULD MAKE SURE OTHERS KNEW OF MY EXPERIENCES.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
los angeles, CA
“you're kidding me, right?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My buddy responded "you're kidding me right?" when I fixed a couple plates - we split a full rack of ribs with 'make-it-a-meal' side dishes to go. Not exactly 'dishes' more like sample sized servings from COSTCO. Ridiculously small side of slaw & beans and 'only' $8 extra !? Laughable. And the ribs? Definitely meaty, but not memorable - I've made better at home, tasted better from friends. In fact, wish I'd gone to COSTCO down the street and picked up a rack to cook at home - would have saved me $40 with tip. One thing there was plenty of? Ribs wrapped in Aluminum foil - enough to make a satellite dish. (Hint to owners: Save on the foil and dish out more food). As for the 'restaurant' itself - small tight quarters, bumping into people waiting on line ( it WAS busy), some tables outside with a view of mini-mall parking lot. Paso on this place.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“The best tri-tip I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is a very small restaurant with a very big taste, great service and the best tri-tip!
I've had tri-tip at some fancy places paying $25-30 and more. The Rib Line beats them all.
Thank you!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lompoc
“Been three times the past month!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by after hearing abou the new location in Grover Beach. We were greeted by the owners father. My wife ordered the French dip sandwich. And I hade the SLO Style Tri Tip sandwich. Both were awesome, the meat so tender and juicy and roll so fresh! Their fries are decadent and the Tri Tip Chili is also heavenly. We also have tried the clam chowder at it is pretty good too.
Our last visit was a little different. I had a burger that was a little undercooked, and my son got a BBQ chicken sandwich that was good, but they failed to warn him how hot it was. Everything else was as good as always. To the reviewer who shot this place down I would like to note a few things. Real juicy meat will dig any bread, and I would also talk to the owner on how they package to go orders. This place is really an eat in place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere