“Outstanding meal! Get the ahi tacos!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #184 of 257 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Mexican
Northridge, CA
“Outstanding meal! Get the ahi tacos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We went here for dinner on a tip from our neighbor who had dined here the week before. It was a Friday night and service was very prompt. After being seated we were brought fresh hot chips and a really good salsa. I ordered a butternut squash enchillada and my wife ordered the ahi tuna tacos. As great (and unusual) as my enchillada was, the tacos were killer! This location had been several restaurants prior to Cielo and the haters are predicting that this will go down in flames-I beg to differ! Just go here and decide for yourself!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Osos, California
“Nice setting, good service, ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Cielo Cantina is the latest of a succession of restaurant to go into this jinxed location. It's a great setting - next to mission Plaza, with a view of the mission. I went there with most of the people from the office, for lunch. We ate outside in the patio, next to the plaza. The service was friendly and frequent. We started off with fresh made chips and salsa, which were good. I had spinach and mushroom enchiladas which were smothered in too much cheese and the contents were a bit under-cooked. The Spanish Rice was average and the black beans were good. The rest of the my group had a variety of dishes and most seemed satisfied, if not thrilled, with their food. It was rather typical food for Mexican restaurants in America. I don't understand why Mexican restaurants in this country don't offer more of the excellent dishes found in the various regions of Mexico rather than just the usual enchiladas, tacos, and burritos with rice and beans. I'm bored with Mexican food in this country and Cielo did not shake me from that boredom.

• Visited July 2011