“Wonderful food in a lively atmoshere” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monterey/ Morro
Description: Welcome to Palazzo Giuseppe’s, downtown San Luis Obispo! Our Italian regional specialties are indicative to the Pugliese region in Italy, particularly Bari, a seaport on the Adriatic Sea from which most of our recipes originate. We hope you will enjoy and appreciate our great loyalty to the distinctive dishes, all of which we prepare with genuine and natural ingredients and methods. Our bread is baked from scratch every day in a wood-burning oven imported from Italy. Each loaf is made by hand, allowed to rise four times and slow-cooked to achieve the truly rustic appearance and taste you would find in a Baresi seaside village. DiFronzo is dedicated to producing & growing as many heirloom, organic vegetables, & fruits from his family farm as possible. Gelato, pizzas, & specialties including his estate grown Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, & Syrah. All of this takes time but to us it is an art and a labor of love. We are truly committed to bringing you "cucina genuina."
Thousand Oaks, California
“Wonderful food in a lively atmoshere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great find. We loved the roasted brussels sprout salad and handmade pasta in voldka sauce specials. The pesto pizza was awesome. Our waiter was engaging and efficient. It's pleasure to come across people who really know what they're doing. The restaurant was lively and obviously popular with locals. We'd definitely go back there.

Visited February 2013

Orcutt, California
“Early dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place gets packed, so get there early if you do not have a reservation. Good food and wine. Great service.

Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Very good food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the fourth time since coming down here (11/2 years.) The food is always very good (though I cannot speak for the fish which always sounds good, but I have never ordered it because I am very particular about the preparation of fish. I'm sure if you described the way you want it cooked, they'd probably do it well.)
Everything my husband and I have ordered has been excellent. I had a eggplant parmesan which was really lovely with a lightly sauced vermicelli. The pasta was al dente. Also the warm brussel sprout salad is out of this world---I could easily eat just a big bowl of that and be content. I have had the osso bucco once before. It was one of the best meals I have ever had and I was frustrated because I wanted to take the leftovers home, but on that particular day I had a real air-head server who threw it away even though I very specifically told her how great it was and that I wanted to finish it later. Otherwise, this past Sunday we had servers who were on a level of a five star restaurant in terms of how discreet, attentive and helpful they were. Often, they would replenish flatware or water and we had not noticed they had been there---that takes good training. I think that the prices are in line with most restaurants of this type especially considering that portions seem ample to me. I will definitely continue to come back here.
Management also appears to be somewhat attentive to the diners which is the key to a well run business.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laguna Niguel, California
“Great find just walking around town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We happened upon this quaint little restaurant just walking around town while we were visiting San Luis Obispo, While there was plenty of room in the dining room, they were short on help that day, so they asked us to sit in the bar for lunch that day. We enjoyed the ambiance of the bar, so we didn't mind. Because the bar tender was busy making drinks and waiting tables, the service was a little slow, but we were in no hurry so just enjoyed our wine and relaxed. My husband's pizza was fresh and tasty, and my salad was excellent. We will definately return on our next visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Luis Obispo, California
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food is always good when we go to Palazzo Guiseppe, but we had an extra good experience there tonight. It was very busy so, rather than waiting for a dining room table, we decided to eat in the bar. We were fortunate to locate a cozy corner. Everyone in the bar was helpful and friendly, but I wanted to especially praise Stephanie. She waited on us and was especially friendly and helpful and genuine (with everyone, not just us). Her suggestion of the Groundwork Grenache was perfect. The lasagne was excellent, as was our usual Stagionale salad. An overall great experience at Palazzo Giuseppe in San Luis Obispo. Thanks, Stephanie!

• Visited January 2013