My mom and I planned a road trip from Santa Barbara to Big Sur along Highway 1. We stayed at Sycamore Springs during the first night because it was a good distance from the airport in SB and it seemed to offer a relaxing experience after our 5.5 hour flight. We didn't know what to expect given mixed reviews but it was just for one night. We had a mineral spring tub which definitely had the sulfer odor however once you get used to the smell, it was very relaxing. The room was very outdated, very basic. The bathroom was awful. It was extremely outdated, the toilet leaked overnight. I am sure there are better rooms at the hotel because I noticed there are other buildings on the property. The property itself is beautiful, has amazing potential. Let's just say that my mom and I were glad to have only invested 1 night of our trip at Sycamore Springs. Unless the renovate the building we stayed in at Sycamore, for next time, I would rather stay at one of the hotels on Avila Beach which seemed incredibly beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore