My wife and I have been coming here for years, and we have referred others as well. Massage and a soak in a lovely setting. Good restaurant for when you don't want to venture out for one of the really good choices in the area. We usually stay in the West Meadows area, across the road from the main hotel. Secluded, spacious cabins with huge flat screens, internet, fireplace, and a completely private outdoor hot tub. Mini frig and microwave as well. So why only a "2"? Because I remember when they knew about customer service. Not unexpectedly, this place is not inexpensive. But lately (our last 2-3 visits) we have experienced a level of customer service less than what one would expect at a Motel 6. Oh sure, we got plenty of polite, rehearsed apologies when things went wrong. But then there was little attempt to really make amends for the problems. And then the problems repeated themselves at our next stay, and then again at the next. I guess it's time to find somewhere else to stay, which is a real shame. We really loved this place. Examples of our problems: 1. Inconsistent hot water for showers and the hot tub, which took days to fix, 2. Screwed up massage appointment times in spite of several callbacks to reconfirm, 3. Feathers and down bedding still in our room at check-in, even though we specified a feather free room when making the reservation, and then called back the day before arrival to reconfirm. #1 happened only once. #'s 2 & 3 have happened repeatedly. Each time we are assured that "they are so sorry, it never should have happened, and we will make sure it never happens again."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore