I've stayed here several times before (this is my 4th stay). The first time was awful - I was in one of their hotel rooms and it was outdated, loud, I could hear all my neighbors. Seriously it sucked - stay away from the hotel rooms!
On my next two trips I stayed in the "freshwater 1 bedroom suites" located in the West Meadows. These are great! Private, nicely appointed, and secluded. I'd recommend them but make sure you call ahead to book yourself at least one session in the mineral spring hot tubs located on the property so you can enjoy those too (there are no mineral spring tubs in the West Meadows suites).
On this trip I stayed in a 1BR mineral spring suite which is located in the "Mystic Building" - our suite was called "Inspire". First, these suites are not very private, they're similar to the hotel rooms in that you can hear all your neighbors and your balcony jacuzzi is a mere couple of feet from your neighbors (although separated by a partition).
On the second night the hot mineral spring water was out across the entire resort. I get it, these things happen. The front desk staff were unresponsive - they were friendly when I called but I had to repeatedly call for information when 30+ minutes would go by with no updated. They made it seem like it was unique to our unit but I found out later it was affecting the entire property. They offered a $30 credit for the room (which was $300 per night) but it seemed thoroughly inadequate considering *the* reason you stay here is the mineral springs water, otherwise you might as well stay at the Hampton Inn. Side note - we thought about using the trash cans in our room to transfer hot fresh water from the shower into the jacuzzi but the trash cans had brown goop at the bottom which was kind of gross.
Upon check-out, I asked to talk to the guest services manager (Amy) who was very accommodating and compassionate. She apologized for the issue, explained what was going on and offered to take the resort fees off our bill as well as send us a voucher for a complimentary future night. While I'm very appreciative of her offer, I think this should have been done pro-actively versus waiting until someone complains. I'm happy with the resolution but it seems they're more interested in taking your money than they are at pro-actively doing the right thing for guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore