For several years I have enjoyed coming up here for day-trips, to enjoy the spa services and rent the mineral springs tubs for an hour. The grounds are absolutely lovely and tranquil. I love relaxing in the outdoor tubs, which have ample privacy from other people on the walkway, yet the back of the gazebo is open to enjoy the lush greenery, trees and wildlife that grace the hillside. It is magical outside. In the day time, there is a meditative labyrinth made of stones you can walk through, and there are hiking trails that lead over the hillside to the beach, as well as a terrific bike path, all right from the resort.
I have stayed at the resort's inn a few times in a standard room, which comes with its own private mineral springs tub in an enclosed private porch or balcony. However, the rooms are in need of upgrade, as they are a bit old, dated, and basic. For the money, I would prefer a bit more comfort, aesthetic, and luxurious elements...just a few. Maybe the other rooms have been remodeled? I don't know. But it is still a very nice relaxing stay nonetheless. A favorite retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort rests atop hot mineral springs and spans more than 100 acres of forest, hills and meadows on the picturesque Central Coast of California. An authentic California resort, the property features hillside mineral springs hot tubs, a beautiful spa, the Gardens of Avila Restaurant, a labyrinth, private balcony hot tubs, meditation gardens, and wide selection of mind-body classes in our Yoga Dome. Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort -located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles is just a short walk to the ocean and close to award-winning wineries, golf courses, Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo. Escape to our historic resort voted best Spa and Weekend Getaway on the Central Coast. Experience rustic elegance in a serene and relaxing environment surrounded with the best California has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, getaroom.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Sycamore Mineral Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Sycamore Springs
- Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort
- Mineral Resort Springs Sycamore