“Be Forewarned!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Flying Caballos Ranch House

Flying Caballos Ranch House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Luis Obispo
Flying Caballos Ranch House
1150 Farmhouse Lane, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
San Francisco, California
“Be Forewarned!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have no faith in this businesses ability to act professionally or with integrity.

When booking this venue we were told that the deposit ($3,500) was refundable. The property manager, Joleen, wrote this in an email to me. When we contacted her 9 months prior to the event to cancel our reservation, she never returned my phone calls or my emails for a week. When she did call (after regular business hours) she told me that she didn’t know which contract we signed, but that we would either 1. Not be getting our money back, or 2. Would receive 10% less the deposit depending on if someone else ends up booking our date.

What a dishonest business! I would be horrified if my employee never called a customer back within 24 hours. Furthermore, if I held $3,500 of someone else’s money, I would understand their dismay, panic, and anger over never having any of their phone calls or emails returned for a week. Joleen told me she didn’t contact me, because her computer crashed. This is an unacceptable excuse, as one does not need a computer to call someone back.

A few other notes to be forewarned about the apparent blatant and intentional acts by this business to lead people on a wild chase to get straight answers:

-Joleen’s email signature lists an incorrect phone number, so I had to hunt it down online. This may not make a difference though, since she will never call you back. The number listed is some poor girl who has received multiple incorrect calls from people seeking Joleen out.
-The owner of the property, Mike Kyle, cannot be reached. If someone is listed on the website as the proud owner, then they should be available and accountable to it’s customers.
-Joleen sent me the wrong phone number to their attorney, Roy Ogden. Thankfully, she included his full name so that I could search the CA Bar website for him. Unfortunately, he is out of town for another week.

We hope you take our experience into account in deciding whether to do business with this venue and its property manager. The grounds are beautiful and the houses are convenient, but peace of mind and ease of business are priceless.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Everything about this place was awesome. Shaby chic throughout with all the modern conveniences. We filled up the bedrooms but never felt crowded with the outdoor facilities. Lawn was impecable and a great gathering spot for a large group get together. Large BBQ, tiki torches, and cool outdoor lighting in the trees ... even has outdoor speakers to connect to your iPod! Property manager was very helpful in getting us set up. Wish we could have used the new elevated hot-tub!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Flying Caballos Ranch House? Share your experiences!