“Buffet food service temperature needs attention” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 255 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
San Diego
“Buffet food service temperature needs attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We ate the lunch buffet in this welcoming, authentic Indian restaurant. The ambience needs some help as does the cleanliness of the floor and paintwork. However, the food was very good and the service attentive and friendly.

My major concern was the temperature at which the buffet was served. We were early into the lunch time buffet, but certain 'hot' foods were barely warm. I believe there are food hygiene standards that regulate this type of food presentation. I did eat most dishes, even the barely warm ones, and lived to tell the tale, but will not return until enough time has passed after my review so that the owners and staff can pay better attention to this important matter. Please preheat the buffet dishes to regulation temperature and ensure they are kept hot during the buffet service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

UK
“Truly authentic and fantabulous Indian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I think it's fair to say that the Brits LOVE Indian food, and so my husband and I made a bee line for the Shalimar when we stayed in St Luis Obispo, recently. We can't praise this restaurant enough. The food was absolutely exquisite (in fact my mouth's watering now, from the memory!), the menu was extensive, it took me ages to order because I wanted to try everything - but of course I couldn't! I'd have been there all night. Anyway, if you're in the area and craving a good Curry, look no further! From the moment you enter the restaurant you're going to experience excellent customer service, very attentive staff, TRULY FANTASTIC AND MOUTH WATERING FOOD and an overall experience that you'll want to repeat time after time. Unfortunately, I'm at home in Manchester, UK, but would give anything to book a table at the Shalimar for this evening! Instead I'm going to have to make do with my home made version, which, quite frankly, isn't half bad!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Half Moon Bay, California
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The service was great and the food was really good. Can't recommend it enough. The atmosphere was OK, but we all enjoyed watching the salt water fish tank.

Visited September 2012
Three Rivers, California,
“Favorite Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Love the spices they use. They always make me feel welcome. Their nan bread is awesome! Used to live across the street and the smells coming from the restaurant would make my mouth water. Young man who works there is funny and extremely charming.

Visited July 2012
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Best Indian in the 805”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Everyone is always super nice here and I love the Indian music videos they are always playing! Food is sooooo delicious I LOVE the naan & chicken tikka masala and their all you can eat buffet nights ($7.95-10.95 Sun & Mon?) are the way to go!

Visited March 2012