“Truly authentic and fantabulous Indian Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 257 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
UK
“Truly authentic and fantabulous Indian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I think it's fair to say that the Brits LOVE Indian food, and so my husband and I made a bee line for the Shalimar when we stayed in St Luis Obispo, recently. We can't praise this restaurant enough. The food was absolutely exquisite (in fact my mouth's watering now, from the memory!), the menu was extensive, it took me ages to order because I wanted to try everything - but of course I couldn't! I'd have been there all night. Anyway, if you're in the area and craving a good Curry, look no further! From the moment you enter the restaurant you're going to experience excellent customer service, very attentive staff, TRULY FANTASTIC AND MOUTH WATERING FOOD and an overall experience that you'll want to repeat time after time. Unfortunately, I'm at home in Manchester, UK, but would give anything to book a table at the Shalimar for this evening! Instead I'm going to have to make do with my home made version, which, quite frankly, isn't half bad!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Half Moon Bay, California
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The service was great and the food was really good. Can't recommend it enough. The atmosphere was OK, but we all enjoyed watching the salt water fish tank.

Visited September 2012
Three Rivers, California,
“Favorite Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Love the spices they use. They always make me feel welcome. Their nan bread is awesome! Used to live across the street and the smells coming from the restaurant would make my mouth water. Young man who works there is funny and extremely charming.

Visited July 2012
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Best Indian in the 805”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Everyone is always super nice here and I love the Indian music videos they are always playing! Food is sooooo delicious I LOVE the naan & chicken tikka masala and their all you can eat buffet nights ($7.95-10.95 Sun & Mon?) are the way to go!

Visited March 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Outstanding Indian/Pakistani Food at Superior Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I are from Cleveland Ohio visiting Family in Santa Maria. We had the Sunday Brunch for my wifes birthday on 07/15/2012 and it was Delicious!
We were greeted with welcoming smiles, clean environment, Hot Naan and Cold Water. The dinnerware was spotless. The restaurant was tastefully decorated with the exeception of a giant TV playing non stop Bollywood. However for the most part we found it somewhat entertaining. The food was deliciously prepared, with plenty of variety. The Tandoori Chcken was cooked through and not ovepowering. Excellent Basmati, Curry, Tikka Masala, Palak Paneer, Veggies, Salads and Desert etc. at an extremely reasonable price. And when some of us went back for thirds, Mgt. never batted an eye. Great Food and Plenty of it! Don't miss this GEM!

• Visited July 2012