We stayed at the Apple Farm Inn for two nights, a kind of mini-vacation. We liked the accommodations and the decor - antiques and "fru-fru" decorations in the rooms and all over the hallways. King-sized 4-poster bed in a good-sized room, good heat / AC, fireplace in the room, all for about $175 / night with all the taxes added in. The women will LOVE this place.
Gift shop has lots and lots of Apple Farm stuff for sale ... none of it at sale prices, but maybe some nice souvenirs to take back to family or friends.
Flowers and plants all over the place! Everywhere you look, there are flowers and growing things. The gardening staff must be both extensive and dedicated.
Restaurant has good breakfasts (we didn't eat any other meals there) and the prices were about on a par with other surrounding restaurants.
(1) There is no internet available in this hotel other than a lone computer in the front lobby. I was able to tap into an unsecured network from a neighboring motel, but I really expected in-house internet.
(2) There was no microwave in the room. Not a biggie, I suppose, since we didn't need to heat anything.
(3) There was no refrigerator in the room. We brought some wine and cheese and ended up having to take it to the front desk, where they were able to store it temporarily in the restaurant's refrigerator. Not an ideal solution, but it worked.
(4) I had No Hot Water when I tried to shower at 5:30 am. None. I'm an early riser, and that was a problem for me. The desk clerk told me that the hot water doesn't come on until about 5:40 in the morning or thereabouts, and sometimes it can be a long trip for the water to get from one end of the hotel to the other. Don't plan on getting a good hot shower before 6am or you may be severely disappointed.
Overall, a fun place to stay if you keep the caveats in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apple Farm Inn is located near downtown San Luis Obispo and very close to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. All the rooms have fireplaces and complimentary wireless internet access. The property has a heated swimming pool, an on-site spa, a restaurant featuring comfort cuisine and an elaborate gift shop. It is centrally located for exploring the Central Coast with wineries and beaches no more than 10-15 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, T4B, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Apple Farm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apple Farm Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Hotel Apple Farm
- Apple Farm Inn Luis Obispo San